Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

Hopefully the weather will be okay. I don't care about it at the game, just that my parents have to travel in it to get here from Mississippi.

They made 54 trips in 4 years to watch the Warriors play, at 500+ miles round trip each. Now that their grandson doesn't play anymore, they are still coming up to see the Battle of the 'Boro. That tells you how big this game is.

Go Warriors.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can yaw sit on here every year and talk about Oakland and Riverdale is the real battle of the Boro. It's been the same outcome for the last few years. Riverdale comes out and kicks the daylights out of Oakland. Face it Blackman and Riverdale is gonna be thr next big battle of the boro, because the to schools are closer together, and oakland is closer to siegel. :ph34r:

I believe that Oakland and Riverdale will always be the Battle of the Boro. They are tradition. Now in saying that I think Riverdale v. Blackman and Siegal v. Oakland are backyard brawls!!! There is NO love loss between Riverdale and Blackman. You could argue that these 2 programs have a deep dislike for each other. And with all those kids leaving Oakland for Siegal, I think that will become slobbernocker!

Hmmm...Here's my take on this one.

Oakland comes in as the underdog, so here's what they need to do:

Score 4 touchdowns.

Minimize turnovers!!!!!!

Minimize penalties!!!!

Bring a big noisy crowd!!! The Warrior streak at Tomahawk is broken, so even though it's a home game for Riverdale y'all could turn that around fairly easily.

It would be good if you could do something with the Riverdale Air Horn fan - like fill his horn with concrete!

I think the Patriots can beat Riverdale, and they won't need alot of luck to do it - just go play four quarters of Oakland football!!!!

Riverdale 35 (good team not as good as usual but pretty solid well coached)

Oakland 7 (No offense other than Crawford, can't pass a lick

Riverdale is tough when you can't pass)

Either way it's a region loss for someone! I wish Oakland would win but I don't see it.

Guest region4fan

Blazep...first of all I am glad to see you back on coacht. I have missed you! But...let me remind you that 17-7 is not kicking the daylights out of someone. That was our score last year aggainst Riverdale in the regular season. They have beaten us the last 2 years.But.... We beat them in 2000. So your post wasn't exactly right.

About the oline.........they are getting stronger and better with each game. They will shine this week. Our depth will not be a factor. If you have ever played ball, you know that your adrenaline can carry you a long way...til you get that second win. Whoever is discounting our passing game obviously does not know who Jordan Jones is. But you will.

Having so many doubters will just make this one much sweeter!

GOOOOOO PATRIOTS!!