Lipscomb vs. Westmoreland

mrorange006

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westmoreland 21 - David Lipscomb 17

Catalyst - you are a brave person. I liked it better when you did not predict. You really just ticked off Lipscomb now. That is going to be all over the locker room. Tell Westmoreland players if they get stomped that it was your fault for making the Lipscomb players mad. LOL

I am just having some fun with you catalyst. I am looking for a closer game than the Mustangs are used to. I think this game will be interesting even into the 4th quarter. Good luck to your Eagles but not too much. Is kickoff at 7 or 7:30

Well Catalyst, your team did indeed show up to play. Your team lined up and hit Lipscomb right in the mouth. They played hard the whold game and never quit.

Your offense was a little overmatched; but, the defense played with a lot of heart all night. The final was Lipscomb 21-3 and I'm not really sure how.

Lipscomb gained a lot of yards but five turnovers (four in the first half) hurt them a lot. The turnovers killed Lipscomb. Holding penalties killed Lipscomb. Westmoreland was killing Lipscomb. I am glad that McAdams elected to knee the ball four times to end the game at the three yard line. When a worthy opponent plays you a good solid game you never try to embarrass them. Because, what goes around surely comes around.

Good luck to Westmoreland the rest of the year. Looks like you are a very solid three seed from this region for the playoffs. From what I saw, possibly even a two seed. Good luck.

Edited by titanman

thank you so much for the comment titanman they are greatly appreciated....this team continues to come out as the underdog week after week and we just try and prove ourselves....im so proud of the guys tonite and i just hope people now realize that we can compete......also i would like to make a statement about the kneeing at the end of the 4th....year after year i continue to have respect for lipscomb because of those kinds of things.Do they try and embarrass or run up the score? No they just try and win and i think thats very honorable and shows the integrity of their coaching staff...i would also like to add that its a shame that all the other private schools in our region aren't like that coughcough....great game guys and i hope we play again!

i graduated last year from whs and played football for 4 years there. i was at the game tonight both teams played well but as we all know only one team can win. i enjoyed watching this one it was a hard fought game. and still i have my respect for lipscomb. i always enjoyed playing them because of their class program. i don't think there is a beter team to play with as much class that lipscomb has. good luck to both teams throughout the rest of the season. hope we can meet again in the playoffs.

i also thought wland played well tonight. just couldnt get the offense going against a very solid defense. i was really proud of our defense, several times lipscomb got the ball inside our 40 and we came up with some turnovers and made it close throughout the game. lipscomb is without a doubt the classiest private school around mrorange.if i cant see a public school win a state championship id just assume it be lipscomb. i have a ton of respect for their program. great game tonight guys. good luck to ya.

titanman-i know you were just provoking catalyst to make prediction but a "spineless gutless wimp" ? you obviously dont know him if you did you wouldnt even begin to associate his name with those words. hes truly in a class of his own.