Gerald Riggs

BDURHAM

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Adams writes that Riggs is the best running back on the team. He says Coach Fulmer should play him or release him.

John Adams Article

Gerald Riggs looked pretty good tonight on kickoff returns other than a couple of mistakes that goes with not being at that position before. I thing he should be the back that gets the most carries in the next couple of weeks. He can make moves to make guys miss like Jamal Lewis & Travis Stephens could!

I don't know what all Gerald has done previously and I don't normally agree with some of the stuff that Adams write...

but he has a valid point. Riggs needs to be on the field cuz Davis and Houston have become average backs in the past three weeks against good defenses.

While Houston and J-Train have certainly not been at their best the past 3 games, I'm willing to contend that the problem is as much caused by the Offensive Line as it is Ced and Jabari. If our line were more effective, they'd be gaining more yards; as it is, any RB would be shut down.

I had two buddies of mine from High School (in Texas) drive up for the game.

I am still puking.

My personal opinion is to get Clausen out and fast. The offensive line has not been great, but it's hard to block 8 and 9 with 5. Guys, we can't throw the ball down the field. Our offense consisted of one fluke against Georgia.

One more question. What was Clausen doing still in the game late in the 3rd anyway????

I think the fumble going in and going the other way at the half was a HUGE emotional letdown.

Which only goes to show that

a.) someone needs to shake up the team...one of the six captains preferrably.

b.) we just aren't mature enough to handle an adverse situation.

c.) what kind of bone-headed call it is to take the ball back 7 yards to a tailback who's going to leap over the pile instead of having a 6-4, 230-pound QB burrow in behind our O-line for 1 foot.

Fellas, if you can't run the sneak in that situation, you don't deserve to be a contender in any league. I'd rather get stuffed right there and get no points than have what happened happen and be out of the game any day of the week.

Edited by KevB1990

Clausen had run the qb sneak on the previous play. Fulmer says neither he nor any other coach called that play.

I am assuming Fulmer was too upset with Clausen at this point to call his number.

Clausen said he thought he saw a signal for the sneak. The coaches say no one gave that signal.

Clausen says he didn't say he could have beaten UGA with one arm. Sportswriters say he did say it.

Part of the leadership problem still exists, and Clausen is a part of the problem. Not having players is the real problem, but Clausen is shooting himself and the team in the foot. The fumble at the half defines Clausen.