for lincoln county fans and rivals

oldskoolfalcon

i know this years team is being called one of the best LC has had. with numerous state titles there, which team do you think was the best that they had? no team is to be not mentioned because of no state title. personally, the team that had eddie black his senoir year was one of the best 1986 season i think, or 87. anyone remember that team. had some stud's on "O" and on "D". went to jefferson county and overlooked the undersized mountain boys. and no i wasn't playing then i actually never played. just remember that team being so huge with speed to burn. i forget all their names.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that in my opinion that probably the 84 team was the most talented of any L.C. team. 8 straight shutouts to start the season, then, after they were scored on, after a picked up fumble that was ran in for a td. after a completed pass(and after watching the film it was very borderline whether it was even a completed pass) they seemed like the season was over, and just went through the motions the next week against Baylor.

There were at least 4 players on that team that went on after college and played pro football for a time. I don't think that many teams from a small community like this can say that.

It sure don't seem like it but, that's been nearly 20 years ago, boy time flies! :lol:

dang, it has been 20 years...i'm trying to r'ber who was all on that 86-87 team that i spoke of earlier. i know the qb's were eldrdige and evans(now a coach threere) black, warren, cldwell on the "o"line...some other hogs as well mcdonald, murphy were wr/rb i think seems like a connely played on d also. maybe big webb at DE and TE casey gregory at fb(R.I.P) and several others. that team was the most talented i had ever seen there to not wina state. just blew it up in JC. if you guys can r'br anymore..feel free to fill it in. they were loaded that year. and the competition that year was loaded also. seemed like SEVERAL school in the state were competitive

1985 Falcons had 8 straight shutouts they were in the top 10 in the nation!

Then lost 1st rd to Oakland!

Correct me if I am wrong... I don't have facts in front of me, but I think that 1984-85 team had Ricky Blake at the RB. I agree that this team was the best team that didn't win the title. The best overall offensive team that ever graced the field in Lincoln County in my opinion was the 1990 team of Kelly Holcumb, Rod Buchanan (sorry spelling on each if wrong). They could score from anywhere, at anytime. The 1984-85 team was primarily a running team, but did it better than anyone in the state at that time. They most definetly had the best athletes of all Lincoln County Teams. Lincoln County should have more state titles to their credit. Several teams should have won the title, but were upset. So, let this be a lesson to this year's team. You want win it just because your suppose too on paper!

So, let this be a lesson to this year's team. You won't win it just because your supposed to on paper!

Excellent point. I've seen LOTS of teams that get knocked out in the first few rounds of the playoffs simply because they aren't focussed on the game at hand. It's one thing to be beaten by a better team...you can go home knowing that you did your best. To be beaten by a weaker team because you didn't do your best is something that will haunt you for a LONG time.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that in my opinion that probably the 84 team was the most talented of any L.C. team. 8 straight shutouts to start the season, then, after they were scored on, after a picked up fumble that was ran in for a td. after a completed pass(and after watching the film it was very borderline whether it was even a completed pass) they seemed like the season was over, and just went through the motions the next week against Baylor.

There were at least 4 players on that team that went on after college and played pro football for a time. I don't think that many teams from a small community like this can say that.

It sure don't seem like it but, that's been nearly 20 years ago, boy time flies! ;)

Lot of good teams just seem to go thru the motions when they have to play against a Super 7 like MBA, Christian Bro, McCallie, Baylor, Brentwood. Just makes you wonder!