greeneville-morristown west

northmemphis27

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a Greeneville web site, they were one of the IMAC's charter members when the conference was formed back in 1977. When the TSSAA decided to increase the number of classifications in football in 1993 from 3 to 5, the IMAC was designated as a '4A' conference but Greeneville decided to remain. I would agree with your assumption that the decision to stay was to continue their traditonal rivalries with the other charter schools (i.e., East, West, Cocke County, and David Crockett).

If Greeneville had been in the 3A ranks last year, I think they would have been in the state championship game instead of Fulton. That would have been a great match-up against Ripley. Regardless, they have had good success at the 4A level.

Morristown%20West.gif

Edited by randy3116

im goin with greenville in this one, there much better this year than last year, chase greenway is outstanding and if west doesnt keep him in check then it might be greenville blowing the game open, as for the people complaining about the refs... its apart of football for thier to be some bad calls..so stop cryin and let the kids play football, one of the biggest things in football is overcoming adversity and thats what makes real winners, so get over it

G-ville-24 West-20

I was told tonight that Chase Greenway may not be available for the game following the concussion last week. If he does play, however, he will not be anywhere near 100%.

I don't think it really matters whether he plays or not because West will win this game with their superior depth.

PREDICTION: Morristown West 23, Greeneville 7.

BTW: West won last year because they were a better team. The refs were pretty bad both ways, and that had nothing to do with the outcome of either game.

...stop cryin and let the kids play football, one of the biggest things in football is overcoming adversity and thats what makes real winners, so get over it

eastTNftball,

I agree. I get so sick of all the whiners. Just play ball and quit blaming everybody else. All the talk about the Greeneville / West game and how rigged it is... I think I'll drive down and catch this one on Friday.

Oh, by the way.... bud, go back to your D-B thread.... and again you are a little girl. B)