Lebanon and Oakland

RAN

I normally don't say too much on here, but I have really gotten tired of this game. Every time they have played (the past four times), Oakland has been seen as the better team. For some strange reason, Oakland just can't beat Lebanon -- regardless of records or favorites. Better luck Patriots in 2004 (or the playoffs this year).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

I really don't feel too much like posting tonight. I really thought we were going to break that jinx, and we almost did. Patriots, shake it off. I am still your biggest fan and will never desert you guys. Hold your heads up, and keep fighting the fight.

On a light note, did you just love it when Smitty all the sudden had the football?When it was tipped into his hands? I wish he could have scored, but I think he didn't know what to do as it was such a surprise.

Congrats to Wilson Central on another win. I knew that I should have changed my pick .I like those Wildcats!

Not a Lebanon fan here, but I did see them play. They have three skilled guys who are fast and are exceptional in threir execution. I assume they ran the play where the line all pulls left and the quarterback fakes the handoff and runs through either the 4 or five hole (depending on fake direction), ad nauseum. It works, and if your linebackers scrape with the fake and there is no outside contain he has only one man to beat it's usually good fo 6-10 yards if not longer. If you adjust and the 'backers stay home he'll handoff for good yardage. There line is average but they use very good fundamental angle blocking which is most important for the misdirection.

I just looked at the stats at Tennessean.com...looks like the big play got Oakland. Hey, it's high school football, 85 yd kickoff returns ar too common. Oakand will not be down for long...too much tradition and talent there

Edited by flngrvy

I really don't feel too much like posting tonight.

region, I'll post one for ya. Oakland will be back. There is too much tradition...too much young talent...and too good of a coaching staff for the Patriots to be down for long.

Big plays can kill any team. So can untimely fumbles.

If you think you are disappointed this morning, how do you think the Dobbins Bennettt faithful feel. At least y'all's game was suppose to be close. DB was talking about winning by 60+ points....and they LOST.

So, chin up Patriots. You'll be back.

Note on the KO return by A.J. Stewart. Oakland kicked a grounder in hopes of keeping the ball away from Stewart. Justin Johnson fielded the kick on his own 22, turned and tossed the ball to Stewart -- who then went 85 yards through the Patriots for the game-winning TD. Also, LHS stopped Oakland's QB on a fourth and six in the last minute to seal the win. Why wasn't tailback Carlos Crawford on the field for Oakland's final play? Lebanon hadn't stopped him all night.

Edited by Eddie