Lebanon and Oakland

RAN

Guest region4fan

Well, Riverdale is solidly in #1. Smyrna and Lebanon tied for #2. They play this week. Oakland is in #3. We have Smyrna in week ten. It does not put OHS out of play-off contention as we have beaten Blackman, Lavergne, and Wilson Central. We have Siegel this week and need one more win to cinch a spot. Unfortunately, it looks like we may be travelling to the PIT.

I want to say that we missed you Yopp, #78. I am sad to see that you are out for the rest of the season. We needed you last night. You have played admirably. I still say that our Dline is the best in the region.

Smitty, I hope the schools are looking at you despite our record. You have all the tools to play at a good school. You are highly underated.Keep your head up, son.

Thanks for the kind words, inot2bad.

Edited by region4fan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough lost For Oaklnad. They needed the win to keep from playing Lincoln Co. But you never know what might happen, look at the Karns-Kingsport D-B game. Lebanon has Smryna on the road and Siegel at home. Smyrna has Lebanon and Oakland at home. A couple of weeks ago, I thought Smyrna was a better team than Lebanon. My thoghts have changed, as Lebanon is playing very sound fundamental ball. Good luck to Oakland this week.

Guest region4fan

Big plays have killed us all year. If you go back and look at each game we lost, you will see that we have played some solid defense............and then given up a big play. Unfortunately, you can't win when you give them up.

I thought we came out very flat last night. We had some sparks, but truthfully should have handed Lebanon their head on a platter. There are some kids that need to be doing some stepping up.

I am appalled that our cheerleaders, dance team, and band were absent AGAIN!!I think they should not be allowed to participate next week at home. They don't DESERVE to be out there. Whoever the sponsors are of these groups need to have their supplements slashed or docked. RIDICULOUS!! I mean how far away is Lebanon??Mr. Tackett, you need to take care of that really fast!

Guest Oakland

i think for the most part i have kept a level head as far as supporting the patriots this year, but i just dont get it, 17 starters back from a 7-5 team last year and oakland as to win out just insure they dont have their first losing season since 1995! i have defended ebalaroza for 3 years and frankly i have gotten sick and tired of doing so, i mean he actually got worse after his sophmore year instead of being better and that will be how the oakland community remembers him and the class of 2004, which is sad cuz its undue criticism on smitty and carlos have played with absolutely all heart all year long. Coaches cant do everything, they cant make the hit, they cant make the big play, they cant win the game for you, the players have to go out and execute and win the game, something oakland has done horribly at all year. oakland has yet to beat a decent team that is playoff worthy, and while i know oakland will be in the playoffs i have chalked this one up as a lost season, basketball practice starts october 27th so maybe i can look forward to that cuz football hasnt gave me many things to look forward, except to next season

Edited by oakland2001

i wouldn't get down if i were u Oakland, like always will come on the rebound,but i have to say that lebanon has finally found there level and have been turning up the heat ever since Mt. Juliet. The thing that i think is key is the the fact that these guys have playing together since jr. pro and they trust each other, and a great example of that is that the 5 starting lineman are all juniors(except for Q. shabazz #54, right tackle) and will be returning next year for their fourth year together. i believe next year will really be lebanon's year

I noticed when they were reading off the starting lineups at the Riverdale v. Lebanon game a few weeks ago that Lebanon was just as young as Riverdale, if not younger. Depending on the night, Riverdale only starts 3-5 seniors.

I expect that Riverdale and Lebanon will be the preseason picks next year in Region 4.

Oakland2001, I can understand your frustration...nobody would have predicted a 3-5 record for the Pats. With a playoff berth pretty much in hand the team should point toward that. Records don't mean anythin in week 11...it's one game at a time.

Guest Oakland

i know oakland will be back and i know we are in the playoffs but it is pretty much by default, like i said oakland hasnt beaten a decent team all year unless they happen to beat smyrna in week 10 and at the current rate, i dont think that will happen

Guest region4fan

Well #4, #6, #7 are all seniors according to that announcer who was pretty hideous. He sounded like a Riverdale announcer poor wannabe.Sorry , I just had to say it. Back to the kids, they are the speedsters on Lebanon's team and from what I was told have been starting since they were sophs.

Oakland2001, I can sense how despondent you are. I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach last night myself. I felt bad for Los last night. After rushing for over 200 yds and playing every snap, he just couldn't catch #4 on that return. But boy did he try. Carlos is a true competitor in every sense of the word. I was disappointed in several of the Patriots who should be playing their best ball.Passes right in your hands should never be dropped. Lucas Adams did a good job stepping in for Yopp. I think he will have a bright future with the Patriots.

It is not worth dwelling on. I must say that Oakland's coaches are class acts. I listened to Marty on the radio this AM.................definitely a positive guy. He was very disappointed, but did not blame his players. I was very angered by Don Thomas from Lavergne. He was so negative, basically like Alsup has been. How could LC even consider such a negative man as their replacement for Thompson??? I noticed that Alsup let another one of his coaches talk instead of facing the music.. Pitiful.

Congrats Lebanon to an awesome win over Oakland. they just cant beat us. i personally never lost to them. i wanna congratulate the whole team but hopefully they arent on the message boards like we used to be. Bobby knows better than that. i also wanna say congrats to coach brown and the whole staff. he is turning the program around. i havent been on here in quite a while but i want to give a shout out to my old buddy region4fan. remember me? im doing well in college right now and i miss getting on here but dont have the time. good luck lebanon and oakland b/c oakland is the only other high school team i care about besides my home team! hope fully i will be able to come see my guys in the PLAYOFFS!

Guest region4fan

Oh, you better believe that I remember you, Hegotgame!I am flattered for the shout out! I really missed seeing you out on that field pulling in a catch. I was discussing you in the stands Fri nite and telling everyone what heart you had. I was talking on here this spring and asking about you. Some guy from Lebanon was on and we were discussing you.I think he said he used to be a coach there? He informed me that you graduated with honors and was planning on going into law.He was really bragging on you. That would be such a terrific career choice for you. I miss you on the boards, but totally understand why you aren't on. You hang in there and keep those grades up. I know you will be a success in anything that you do. Remember you are every bit a part of all the wins Lebanon has gotten this year. After all you taught them how to play with heart and humility. Good luck in all that you do. Hopefully, I will talk to you again. With much respect, Region4