Its time

REBELRON

This will be the biggest game in East Tennessee. Maybe in the whole state.

Central looked impressive against Halls. Shevar Young scares me the most. Maryville has no one who can catch him if he gets loose. Zack Helton is a fine quarterback. He scares me with his scrambling. Cassen Jackson is a very good back. Former Vol and Powell Panther Daryl Smith has a son on the Central team who is a stud defensive end. He had 4 sacks vs Halls. Central has great athletes on that team. Lots of team speed.

Maryville will need to bring their A game next friday to beat Central. I think this will be a high scoring game next week. Both teams are explosive on offense. It depends on which team makes the fewest mistakes.

I think Maryville will win but it will be real close. I can't wait. This game is what high school football is all about.

I want opinions on this game from Rebel and Bobcat fans. I want this thread to be football talk only.

Get better Ryan Headrick!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - I hope this page sticks to football talk as well. Go air the dirty laundry somewhere else.

Considering that they haven't faced any tough competition the past 4 weeks, Central looked impressive tonight and should figure to give Maryville a good fight, but they have to overcome the stupid penalites.

I think this one is too close to call, but I'll be cheering for the CATS!!!!

for those of you who dont already know. Maryville's starting DT sufferd a brain aneurism and is fighting for his life. i hope that whichever side you are for in this game you take a minute and say a prayer for ryan and his family in the days, weeks and months ahead. And As Ryan would want me to say" You wish you were a REBEL" Get ready for the Swarm

I went to the Central vs Halls game tonight. Central looked very good. They have great team speed. Shevar Young is scary. If he breaks loose against us it will be a TD. Maryville has no one who can catch him. Maryville will have to tackle well in this game. When Shavar catches a pass across the middle a Maryville player needs to hit him real hard. Make him think twice before coming across the middle.

Maryville needs to gang tackle Cassen Jackson. Maryville def tackles Adam Cable,BJ Telfer,Adam Parnell and Aaron May need to play well. I think Central will test Maryville by running Jackson up the gut. Andrew Hodge and Jeffery Smith need to contain well from their end position. They need to keep Zack Helton and Cassen Jackson from breaking loose on the outside. They killed Halls on the outside.

Maryville needs to run their offense. Central had 9 in the box vs Halls on defense. If they do that against Maryville they will get burned. Halls doesn't have the balance that Maryville has. McCord,Rouse,Thompson,Gaskin,Byner and Clement need big games. Offensive line needs to block the Smith kid. He looked great tonight. Maryville needs to eliminate mistakes. Take what the defense gives them.

This is a HUGE ONE! I still wonder why it was'nt the game of the week. My prediction Maryville by 7 probably Ithink Central is'nt good as last year, and they could'nt beat us then, but on the other hand Maryville is'nt quite as good as they were either. This Defense for Maryville is going to HAVE TO stop Cassen! yes, he scored agianst some other teams, but look who they were.

this is a big game for the two teams and from a partial perspective im going with central because even with the one loss they still lokk to be the better of the two, maryville has not looked good this year than in the past, it seems they win most of there games with there opponent just scared of there name....but anyways with cassen jackson in the backfield for central i dont see him gettin stopped, i know people will say this is going out on a limb but i say jackson goes for 100+ in this game, central-24 maryville-10

Scared? It is the opposite, teams come pumped up and ready to play Maryville, wanting to end the winning streak, to beat the back to back to back state champions, knowone is scared.

My prediction: I haven't seen Maryville since week 1 and I was very impressed. I haven't seen Central this year besides an early season scrimmage. I must say, this will be a the game of the week in the whole United States. I feel as though they should've switch this game to Neyland Stadium because that many fans could show up. Well, the long wait is over my prediction is in......

Maryville, Central, Maryville, Central... nah let me quit but to all the Maryville and Central fans AE Roadrunner is going with the Bobcats in this one. I think Coach Mac will have the D ready to shut'em down this year. Last year it slipped away but this will be a different year.

Central will win by 7 or less points.....

Edited by AERoadrunners