2003 Region Predictions

runnerboy

Aight, region is 4 days away so let's see how everyone thinks it is going to go down.

Top 10 Individuals

1.Mike Buckley

2.Zach Mccool

3.Michael Billingsley

4.Chris Drainer

5.Jerome Robison

6.Suhmer Smith

7.Caleb Morgan

8.Will Pryor

9.Matt Baltimore

10.Andy Highlander

Top 3 Teams

Mcminn-27 points

Bradley-37 points

Cleveland-91 points

Edited by runnerboy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats sounds pretty accurate according to Optimists Thursday. Did you do "investigating" like I did or is this just a miraculous guess? The way I figured it from Thursday-granted some people didn't race according to their best ability, but is was like this:

Top 10 Individuals:

1.Zack McCool(Rhea)

2.Mike Buckley(Mc)

3.Michael Billingsley(Mc)

4.Jerome Robison(BCHS)

5.Chris Drainer(Mc)

6.Will Pryor(CHS)

7.Caleb Morgan(BCHS)

8.Matt Baltimore(BCHS)

9.Andy Highlander(SD)

10.Suhmer Smith(Mc)

Top Three Teams

Mcminn -35

Bradley-45

Cleveland-94

(Soddy Daisy had 97- could be really tight for 3rd)

My only OPTIMISTIC hope being the big BEARS fan that I am is to switch #7 and #5, and add Adam Haney or Kyle Mcdowell to the 9 and 10 spot(which is VERY possible)! We'll see soon enough! Good Luck to everybody, and as Coach Cotton once said,"If we knew the outcome of race day there would be no point in racing."

Edited by peacemaker

Yes that is how I came up with my team points too, but it was all based on last Thursday's perfomances- I guess alot can change in a week. You have to be diligent til the end! (I really think you can take the #1 spot runnerboy) But My heart is with McCool- he is just such a nice guy and good kid. You like to see people succeed that are so "modest" about it! :o

Edited by peacemaker

I would expect Kyle Kirchem to run better at region than he did at Baylor unless he has some injury that I don't know about. That should help Cleveland's cushion over SD a little. I think McMinn, Bradley, and Cleveland will get the job done and go to state but I'm voting for Cool McCool to be number 1. Depending on the pace, there could be a little bit of shake up in the top ten. I think the same three teams will advance to state for the girls, but the order of finish will be a little different. Again Soddy-Daisy could make things interesting for third in either race. Good luck to everyone. I hope everyone has a great race and that the nasty injuries are gone for the year. :)

Yes that is how I came up with my team points too, but it was all based on last Thursday's perfomances- I guess alot can change in a week. You have to be diligent til the end! (I really think you can take the #1 spot runnerboy) But My heart is with McCool- he is just such a nice guy and good kid. You like to see people succeed that are so "modest" about it! :)

The thought of me winning region has never crossed my mind.. Mike usually always beasts me in workouts and races and I haven't ever beaten Cool Mccool, so I haven't been too optimistic.. It would be awesome though if us 3 produced a race like Tray, Josh, and Jeff did last year.

Im not exactly sure what Kirchem's injury was or is, but I do know he HAS been injured. He didn't run at Jessee Owens when we went, and at Baylor on Thursday I saw him iceing and wearing some kind of a "boot"? I hope he is better too, its a shame to have such an injury this time of season, especially when it is your senior year!

Once again, Based on last Thursday's performance alone- The GIRLS would go something like this (once again verifying that a few may or may not have had their "normal" races.)

Top 10 Individual:

1.Jackie Pickel (BCHS)

2.Tiffany Palmer(CHS)

3.Amber Kienlen(BCHS)

4.Amber Marshall(Cumberland)

5.Katie myers(Soddy Daisy)

6.Ginni Herron(Mcminn)

7.Pam Woolson(Mcminn)

8.Jeanna Dalton(BCHS)

9.Lindsey Satterfield(CHS)

10.Hannah Johnson(Soddy Daisy)

*(11th Jessee Jolley-BCHS)

Top 3 Teams

Bradley-37

Cleveland-67

Mcminn-78

Soddy Daisy-108

Cumberland-124

Also pointing out that Ooltewah was not in attendance at the Optimists meet~ Don't really know if they have any boys or girls that could possibly throw a curve in any of the predicted "standings". (Are we bored here or what?) :)

Ooltewah can definitely throw a curve in the girls race. They've got one girl who should be in the top 7 and another who could be in the top ten. And runnerboy, I counting on you to make this race interesting. I bet we'll see a surprise or too along the way. Someone may find that extra gear they need to surprise everyone. The talent is there. I still stand by that it'll be Bradley, Cleveland, and McMinn (alphabetical order not order of finish) going from both boys and girls. McCool should definitely go and maybe a guy from SD. I would expect the Marshall girl from Cumberland to qualify and maybe a couple from SD and/or Ooltewah. McMinn and Bradley boys may prevent many guys from qualifying other than as part of a team. Bradley's girls will not stack the top ten the way they did last year and SD lost a lot of its second place team so there could be more individuals go from girls. I don't know too much about A-AA past CCS and WV. They should send both teams. Who will be the third team for A-AA?

I have my own predictions for A-AA region. I am not sure the title of our region but it is with CCS, CSAS, Grace, and so on.......I know who will win region and i have a good feeling on who will be top 4 or 5. The guys race will be a pretty good race. Spencer i hear has got a lil' cocky and i don't see why....i mean he hasn't even broke 16's yet. ( i haven't either but don't be cocky!! ) Don't talk trash to Mccool, exspecially when he beats you twice. Jordan and Bonekoe(sp?) are really good and from what it looks like they are very simular runners. They were like 4 or 5 seconds apart ( Jordan won ). In the girls i think Traci McAmis will win. She has already beat her time from region & state (PR) last year and she hardly has trained. The 2 CCS girls beat her at Optimist in the last 800 so she has a VERY good shot. Team wise i say: Boys: CCS, CSAS, Grace or WV?? (Just depends)

Girls: WV, CCS, then maybe Soddy Daisy

:justwrestle:

In the girls i think Traci McAmis will win. She has already beat her time from region & state (PR) last year and she hardly has trained. The 2 CCS girls beat her at Optimist in the last 800 so she has a VERY good shot. Team wise i say:

Girls: WV, CCS, then maybe Soddy Daisy

:D

I hope you are right! I am for the Lady Mustangs all the way in this region AA Race, but I am afraid CCS is going to be hard to beat! Its not an impossibility but it will definitely be interesting. At Optimists CCS had 1,2,3,5,9, while WV had 4,6,7,8,11- making it a 36-20 margin in favor of CCS, but everybody knows Walker Valley has two excellent Coaches that will have their girls well prepared, and possibly can pull an upset! Good Luck Lady Mustangs!