lincoln county gets no respect

latino_steelers10

Lincoln County is so well-balanced, it's scary... that Franklin was able to hang in there and have a chance to beat them speaks volumes for the Rebels... but the Falcons have only gotten stronger...

You said a mouthful there. I saw the Falcons play Franklin and I have seen them again recently. They are a greatly improved team since week 0...believe it or not. If the Falcons don't beat themselves with a bunch of critical turnovers, I don't see anyone beating them. Like you said...so well balanced...and getting stronger.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about teams that have a great year - then their fans feel as though they have to get on here and whine.  Please!

Everyone that has played LC has shown their due respect on this board.  If the Tennessean see's a different spin - so be it.  Just keep doing what you have been doing on the field.

Nothing looses my respect faster than teams who whine about getting no respect!

First of all, I hope faninthestand and any or all others on this thread understand that this character called Latino does not represent me, and I expect, any others in Lincoln County. Please don't group us as you said "fans" as being whiners. Also your term "teams" does not or should not point to our outstanding team as being whiners. People or teams earn respect in their actions, not by getting on a board such as this and being critical of something or someone. This thread shook me up just to read it. We, the people of Lincoln County try hard to be a first class community and a post such as this just rips our heart out. I hated to see the items brought up that happened in the Franklin and Riverdale games. Some things are better left unsaid, I mean we did win the games in question.

I appreciate everyone trying to reason with him but alas, he did not understand. With the attitude displayed, I'm surprised CoachT let him continue.

I just wish this thread had never been started.

:lol: This is just the Tennessean being the Tennessean. At first, the headline bothered me, but then I thought about it, and said that it doesn't matter. I think we have gotten the respect that we deserve from most fans in the state that have seen us play. None of it matters if we don't go on and win the state. If we don't win the state, no one will remember those shutouts, or what Edmiston has done, or the team. We will be a faded memory :rolleyes:

None of it matters if we don't go on and win the state. If we don't win the state, no one will remember what Edmiston has done.

Gotta respectifully disagree. Even if Lincoln County doesn't win the state, I don't think many of us will forget Edmiston....or what an outstanding team the Falcons are this year. 10-0 teams aren't quickly forgotten. That's assuming they win their last two.

My mother used to wash my mouth out with Ivory soap if I used the word "idiot." I'd tell you about the time I reached over and grabbed the bar out of her hand, looked her straight in the eye, and took a big 'ol bite out of it and proceeded to chomp down .... but that's a story for another post....

Lincoln County is great and they will be even greater if they can get by Dickson County, Franklin, Riverdale and Brentwood to win the state! Whoever comes out on top this year is going to have earned it in spades!

Wouldn't worry about press clipings .... I'd worry about the four teams mentioned above!

ps. I enjoyed the interview with coach this week!

Again, people might take you more seriously if you quit referring to them as "idiots". Also, you can be banned - hint, hint. :lol:

If he hasn't been, I hope he is soon. It is obvious that he doesn't get the message. I can assure you that the vast majority of Lincoln County fans do not share his sentiments, and I apologize to everyone on here for his. :rolleyes:

I also don't confuse latino's whining with the true, knowledgeable LC fans that I see on this board. LC is #1 until someone knocks them off. It will take quite an effort to do that.

And LAtino, how would the play you described have been a safety? IT's either a TD for Riverdale, or LC gets the ball on the 20, unless I am missing something basic. MAybe you meant a touchback? Maybe an idiot like me just isn't smart enough to figure it out. BTW, Riverdale had another TD called back because one of the lineman did not line up correctly. Had nothing to do with the result of the play, like a holding call or similar would. But you don't hear me whining about that. LC won the game, and I respect them greatly for their accomplishments this year.

Does that make you feel better?

actually on the prep ratings germantown is ranked no.1 so pay attention jabbo.

*Edited for language...

Mr. Latino....

There are two polls that could reasonably (reasonably means logically, thoughtfully, not stupidly) be called coacht polls (you said "lc may be ranked no. 1 in the ap polls but on coach t polls they are no.2 behind germantown who are 8-1"). The prep ratings poll is not a coacht poll - it's Earl Nall's poll that one can access from the coacht website. Both of the polls that could reasonably be called coacht polls ranked DB #1 at the time of your original post.

I find it amusing that you would call other people idiots. :rolleyes:

Edited by jabbo

Don't worry about what the papers say. If you deserve respect, you will get it on the field. As as far as I am concerned, LC will be the State Champs. Now for something that is important, I read in the Tennessean that Mr. Henry is showing some progress. Let's all keep him & his family (including the LC Team) in our prayers. http://news.tennessean.com/hs03/site/tenne...=y&storyid=4336