Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

This is not a Ronnie Carter problem but a TSSAA rule problem. I have stated before that the transfer rule was written 40+ years ago when student/athletes lived with both of their parents and divorce was not very common. With divorce and seperation being so common, we need to give all students 1 free transfer without any questons being ask. The students that need to be involved in athletics the most are being denied the opportunity.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gallatin has to give up those wins the TSSAA should be dissolved.

If the parents are split up that should be enough. There's no reason to act like Nazis.....which the TSSAA does when they feel like it and then they act like Sweeden with other schools who violate recruiting left and right.

What a crock. :blink:

Del.

Funny but I remember reading something that you(cbg) posted not too long ago about that rule. But I never gave it much thought. Now I see your point oh too clearly!!!

The head coach for McGavock is a long time metro employee who once served at Whites Creek. I guess he got tired of being the Wave whipping boy. Better retire before next year.... :blink:

Ronnie Carter is the head of the TSSAA and needs to have enough common sense to determine that this clearly isn't the spirit of any rule and to ruin the season of a lot of kids over THEIR mistake is simply the wrong thing to do....unless this kid and his family were dishonest (doubtful), they should recognize that they ruled while GHS was trying to obey the rules...that's their problem, not GHS's...

but, nothing that comes from that organization will shock me...but this is moronic even by TSSAA standards...

good luck Gallatin...

Guest region4fan

I agree. As long as the 2 parents are living apart , that is all that should matter. Usually if you are separated , you have already gone through the legal channels, and that should be enough. With them sending 2 letters of confirmation, should be enough for the TSSAA to have to stand by their ruling.

If the situation is has been described and the TSSAA oked this kid to play I would recommend the school system and the player in question file a lawsuit against the TSSAA on behalf of the team. If nothing else Gallatin should not have to forfeit their wins because the TSSAA screwed up.

I've been pondering this for the last couple of hours... How many situations like this go un-noticed? In today's society, separation-and divorce for that matter- is almost is common as marriage... So I don't find this out of the ordinary at all. I know there are other kids out there in violation as well. Now I am not saying to inspect every player for every school or anything like that. But I am saying that if we are going to respect the TSSAA bylaws, the TSSAA needs to be more effective about noticing them.

I agree. As long as the 2 parents are living apart , that is all that should matter. Usually if you are separated , you have already gone through the legal channels, and that should be enough. With them sending 2 letters of confirmation, should be enough for the TSSAA to have to stand by their ruling.

That may be the kicker...I am not sure that those preceedings have started.

Again look at the rule (multiple pages) However I do not believe that this ever came up with reguards to the private lives of the individuals. The TSSAA and Ronnie Carter as is listed in Article II Sec 18 are the sole proprieters in determining eligibility. If Gallatin did not know, who's responsible for finding out?

And thanks for the support from around the state. We all know that the programs that win alot are the first to get attacked.

I will never believe that this was intentional or a recruiting issue like the McGavock coach claims.