Oak Ridge Football Greats

91statechamp

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I showed my boy tillman, graham, and stevens this board. They collectively said that the best running back list would consist of :

1. Jamie Redmond (if you put him in the I backfield with Cooper at FB and Graham at WR, he would have unreachable numbers)

2. Shawn Summers (Shawn also voted for Redmond)

3. Jacke Pope

4. Shawn Bohannon (said summers or redmond)

5. Cory Booker

6. Alfred Stevens

7. Craig Freeman

8. Doug Stewart

9. Shawn Williams

10.Eric Menefee

honorable mention; Brian Roebuck, Stan Cooper, Dean Nervous Nichols (QB), and also Dewayne Horton (who may have been the best athlete (between him and Roger Wade) to play at Oak Ridge).

I would agree with you on all accounts. I believe that Spencer Gulmire by the time his career ends will be one of the all time greats too. I would add Craig Freeman and Brian Roebuck to that list too. They along with Dean Nichols made up a great backfield during that 1975 State Championship season. Its good to have a positive Oak Ridge poster on here that understands the tradition of this great program.

Hey Jamie Redmond was a great player, and had he been given the opportunity to play In SMOKING JOE'S I formation you might be right. Tillman, Graham, and Stevens are all great friends of mine as well. Spent a great deal of time with Graham in Atlanta at a coaching clinic. When I make My "Greatest receivers" post he'll be #1. He was a Technician with the heart of a lion. The 88 team was what started Oak Ridge back on the championship path and Graham gets a great deal of respest from me for his contributions, and leadership towards the Oak Ridge football program. Oh yeah Toby scored a TD with his eyes closed against Clinton in 88, ask Graham. Lol!!!!

Great posts/Great Tradition/Great players....Any of you guys (or your grandfathers) see Chris Bond (TB) or Tim Grissel (FB) run the single xing? Supporting cast tough, big, complete ALL in 1963!!! Great looking, innovative uniforms for "The Stone Age." ...Got game films vs. DB, '63 (26-0) and '64 (0-13) if you're interested...don't even need 16mm. ...Think Cat's part of my joint pain. B)

GO SPARTANS. 4 games in 144 streak decided by less than 10 points; 44 shutouts; 178-1 since '89.