BA-MBA Updates

WesVLT

time to let this thread die in peace.

wildcatfan, let us know when you're through posting on this thread. oh wait, you already did. 3 times.

i don't have a dog in the fight and don't really care either way though i hate to see refs decide the outcome. just thought it was kinda funny the way he was carrying on.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA fans who have posted all this bs need to stop whining. stink IT UP. your little mba boys lost and need to stop crying and making an excuse after every game they lose. the ba snapper saw the time on the clock threw his legs and i also noticed time going off the clock after ba had stoped it. if you didnt realize mba had some calls go their way too. i agree the officiating was poor but it was poor on both sides. mba has a great team. they are a finesse team while ba is a power team and it showed as ba ran over mba players over and over. GREAT GAME and stop whining. :ph34r:

If there was disparity between the time kept on the field and the time on the scoreboard, and the officials knew it, why was there no correction made to sync those two up? How many games have we witnessed where the officials stop play and say "Please put X seconds on the clock." In a game I witnessed on the high school level last week, and a game not nearly as heated as this, twice they stopped play to communicate with the press box and reset the clock. It is unfair to both teams not to do this and incompetent of the officials to fail and do this.

I'm not going to call any names, but many, many MBA fans predicted a blowout here, phrases like " This game will not even be close", and " BA is getting too much credit" were said. Regardless of your opinion on the outcome of this game BA played very evenly with the former #9 team in the country and according to the offical outcome, they maybe outplayed them just a little. Can't wait for the playoffs should be great. And also as a BA player I have to say I am sickened by the thought somebody had about BA paying?????????? the officials. And finnally somebody told me Santi is the long snapper for MBA is that true?

I'm not going to call any names, but many, many MBA fans predicted a blowout here, phrases like " This game will not even be close", and " BA is getting too much credit" were said. Regardless of your opinion on the outcome of this game BA played very evenly with the former #9 team in the country and according to the offical outcome, they maybe outplayed them just a little. Can't wait for the playoffs should be great. And also as a BA player I have to say I am sickened by the thought somebody had about BA paying?????????? the officials. And finnally somebody told me Santi is the long snapper for MBA is that true?

No MBA supporters said those phrases. Pretty much the whole state figured it'd be a blowout EXEPT the MBA & BA fans.

I only have one more thing to say football is a team sport, and refs are a part. You cannot blame anyone play on anyone person.

Ex. *They wouldn't have missed the fg if they had scored a td.

*They wouldn't have gone to overtime if it werent for the refs (i dont agree)

*They wouldn't have been so close to the goal to kick a fg (BA) to send it to OT if it weren't for a bad snap on the punt.

*They wouldn't have had to punt if they had got the 1st down...

* They wouldn't have had the ball if it weren't for a INT.

As you can see each play is related to the previous play and no one person (or group aka refs) lost the game they just didnt win it for your/their prospective teams....

This thread needs to end now.

Hopefully, both teams will take care of business in 2 weeks so that we can all see a rematch for all of the marbles.

To MBA, yes the clock was at 0; however, you had a chance to put it away and you didn't. Learn from this experience, it will prepare you for life; it is not the last time in your life you will get a bad call or 3. Live with it and come out and play with a chip on your shoulder.

Brentwood, you played a great game, congratulations. Now, redeem yourselves against CBHS, so we can see a rematch.

To the poster who commented negatively about "Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete", before you judge another, look at your "triangle" and tell me just which side your comment goes on. DO NOT discredit your school by sounding like an arrogant winner. And MBA, lose with dignity; it is easy to win with class, but very difficult to lose with class.

Football is the greatest game of all!

FlyBy

comment on Santi: if he is the long snapper for MBA, then kudos to him...seriously...is there a more thankless job in football than being the long snapper? The only time you get noticed is when you mess up...Usually, the job is reserved for someone who isn't on the field...if he nutted up and volunteered to be the long snapper as one of the most important athletes on the team, then props to him...of course, no one will remember the thousand good snaps he's had, only this one...hence the difficluty of that position...certainly I never stepped forward to take on that thankless job...that's a team player...

I've had a day to recover and I feel good about things...our kids will have some serious fire in their bellies in the coming weeks....I sure wouldn't want to play us right now...

comment on Santi: if he is the long snapper for MBA, then kudos to him...seriously...is there a more thankless job in football than being the long snapper? The only time you get noticed is when you mess up...Usually, the job is reserved for someone who isn't on the field...if he nutted up and volunteered to be the long snapper as one of the most important athletes on the team, then props to him...of course, no one will remember the thousand good snaps he's had, only this one...hence the difficluty of that position...certainly I never stepped forward to take on that thankless job...that's a team player...

I've had a day to recover and I feel good about things...our kids will have some serious fire in their bellies in the coming weeks....I sure wouldn't want to play us right now...

Amen. Santi is a great player, any one doubting that should watch the replay of the game. He is fast, physical, and smart.

I really hope that the two teams get to meet again. They both deserve it. Both teams, I think, feel a bit gypped; for different reasons.

Not to fuel any additional controversy, which may be impossible anyways, but I did notice one additional thing in the several times I've replayed the tape of the end of the game. Comcast showed only the minutes and seconds on their on-screen clock...not the tenths. In other words, when the clock on their screen showed 0, it actually meant that 9/10 of a second were left. Count off the one second when you see the "0" up there, and see how soon the ball is snapped. Very, very close. I think the people citing a two second difference were looking at the "0" on the Comcast screen, and when the ball was kicked, not snapped. Not saying definitely they got it off, but simply in defense of the refs.

Regardless, none of this should take away anything from a great high school football game. I also have to commend the MBA players and staff...they simply stood up, went out and shook hands. I would expect nothing different.