Rhea County Classless!

MikeBleedsBlue

With all due respect... this issue is a lot more serious than the constant bickering that has been going on between you guys since the Hixson and Brainerd games. Let's all try to leave this thread for the issue at hand... the fight after the Cleveland/Rhea county game. You guys can go back to that other thread and debate Central's image. :ph34r:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 is reshawn johnson, and 44 of course is lavonte barber, iwould be suprised if this incedent didnt have anything to do with tim cooper, in some form or fashion, i know that rhea countys gane plan was to take cleveland out of thiers, to distract them and get in their heads, it nearly worked, it actually did, but i dont think the way they wanted it to.

41 is reshawn johnson, and 44 of course is lavonte barber, iwould be suprised if this incedent didnt have anything to do with tim cooper, in some form or fashion, i know that rhea countys gane plan was to take cleveland out of thiers, to distract them and get in their heads, it nearly worked, it actually did, but i dont think the way they wanted it to.

Please explain... how could the game plan possibly have anything to do with the postgame extra-activities?

The incident between Rhea and Cleveland is sad and embarrassing.

Incidents similar to this at the end of ball games is becoming too commonplace.

I was told by more than one parent that punches were thrown by Central players at the end of their Rhea co. game and their Brainerd game.

Coaches really need to control their players better so these type incidents don't occur.

Also, purpleppounderfootball, this thread didn't even concern you so why did you add your commentary?

My take on what led to the post-game activities.

1. Rhea fans and players thought 44 should have been flagged for "taunting" after he was allowed to score when time was running out. I didn't see the play very clearly, but I heard a lot of folks talking about it. He was probably just playing smart and using up more time.

2. On the last Rhea drive.... Rhea player 24 (or maybe it was 2) was definitely hit out of bounds.... NO CALL...I think that's why the Rhea coach was so upset and stepped onto the field. He was definitely not "charging" anyone, as characterized by a caller to the sports show. I think that comment was a cheap shot.

3. When the Rhea player took his helmet off.....he was upset because a Cleveland player had allegedly punched a Rhea player in the face right in front of one of the refs......NO CALL Well, the refs also did NOT CALL a penalty because the player removed his helmet. Now, both sides are more upset!

4. The last play, where Cooper caught the pass.... most Rhea fans thought he was shoved out and would have come down in bounds....if not for the push. I don't know about this... couldn't see too well. However, when the refs put the ball down and THEN called the game over, it appeared as though they were not only, not in control of the game, but just decided arbitrarily to end the game.

5. A lot of Rhea fans thought the taunting by the Cleveland players (not the whole team, but just a few players) after the final gun was classless and was a huge contributor to why the physical stuff started. I call it taunting, because they were facing the Rhea players and fans, and were on the Rhea side of the field.............Now, if they were facing their own fans and other players on the bench.... that would be celebrating. Call it what you want, but in my book, celebrating is something you do with your friends.......and taunting is something you do to your rivals. Tensions were definitely high, but I think that the whole thing would NOT have occurred if the Cleveland players had "celebrated" instead of doing otherwise.

6. The reason the activities continued after the first breakup..... a Cleveland asst. coach shoved a Rhea coach. I heard this can be proven.

This was a dogfight and a very good game to watch right up to the end. However, there is no excuse for the post game activities. Others will judge what may occur, but IMHO, the refs did a very poor job of game control. This first became evident when the scoreboard clock failed and they spent no less than five minutes determining that official time would be kept on the field. It was the longest time taken to make this decision that I have ever witnessed in a HS football game.

Let's hope that everybody will learn from this....and it won't happen again.

Please explain... how could the game plan possibly have anything to do with the postgame extra-activities?

well lets see, to get in their mind they would have tried to say something to the players that they took in a sensitive way, or something that offended them, throughout an entire game, they let it get to them, by the end rhea lost cleveland rubbed it back in their face with celebration, (im not blaming anyone here) just letting you know. i dont know why that statement took explaining ela.

The Cleveland Banner article was very well written and as far as I'm concerned, very accurate as to the facts of the game. I think he was well advised not go into greater detail about the post-game activities. That will all be sorted out later. Even though I was there and saw much of the action, I do not presume to have enough knowledge about it to cast any stones. It was an unfortunate thing. I am glad the Cleveland player will make a full recovery. As far as what "might" happen, I will wait and see.