Rhea County Classless!

MikeBleedsBlue

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newsome...again stick to basketball. austin open handed slaped a guy from hixson but then again you wouldnt know that because you werent there. what austin did was wrong but not anything like what happened at rhea this weekend were you have coaches and parents and players fist fighten and swingin helmets and stuff like that. sure ill admit and so will austin that he was wrong but one player slapin someone in the facemask and haven a gang fight on the 50 is completely different. austin was taken out of the game and coach jones delt with him after the game...yeah thats right...the coach handled it...at rhea you had coachs leadin...but it wasnt off the field and turning the other shoulder they were leadin those boys into another fight...one that didnt matter...the real fight was already over. get things into proportion before you try to correct me or put me in my place. i think we all would agree that the two dont even compare...its almost like the fightin was "ok"ed by the school and coaches, by not tryin harder to stop them.

i wasn't by any means comparing the two situations, because i know that the rhea cleveland case is much more severe, however i do not agree with you tryin to bring up central in this discussion and try and tell people that they owe you and all of central an apology because of what 2 totally different schools did, that has nothing to do with central and how people feel about them so dont go looking for pity

first i didnt say that anyone owed me anything i said that people owed central as a whole an opology. i wasnt looking for pitty either but when people talk about how central has no class because they have had some players that eligidly spit on someone and these same people that said that central was classless are cleveland fans. i just think that its a bit strang that they dont think that their own team is also classless. and some have already agreed that the two things are not even close in comparison but yet central and its coaches are the ones that have no class.....sure....whatever you say.

I didn't get a chance to go to the game. But from what I have heard is that both of these schools are to blame. But to think that nothing should be done is straight up wrong. As a wrestling coach/official there are going to be some harsh penalties that are going to stem from this incident. Ronnie Carter told everyone that he is tired of incidents occuring from the state of Tennessee. Bottom line is this guys. Since what happened at the State Wrestling tournament last year: Mr. Carter is going to lay the law down. What has happened last night is pure CLASSLESS by both schools. There could be some lawsuits that could come from this. With the Cleveland player that was hurt and from the Rhea Cty. player that was injured as well. I know for certain that the Cleveland coach that was struck by the Rhea Cty. coach is going to press charges against him. Also, several players from the Cleveland team will be suspended for the playoff games and could possibly not be able to play for the rest of the year. The TSSAA as well as Ronnie Carter was notified as soon as the incident occurred. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr. Carter making his way to the Chattanooga area this week. :(

I didn't get a chance to go to the game. But from what I have heard is that both of these schools are to blame. But to think that nothing should be done is straight up wrong. As a wrestling coach/official there are going to be some harsh penalties that are going to stem from this incident. Ronnie Carter told everyone that he is tired of incidents occuring from the state of Tennessee. Bottom line is this guys. Since what happened at the State Wrestling tournament last year: Mr. Carter is going to lay the law down. What has happened last night is pure CLASSLESS by both schools. There could be some lawsuits that could come from this. With the Cleveland player that was hurt and from the Rhea Cty. player that was injured as well. I know for certain that the Cleveland coach that was struck by the Rhea Cty. coach is going to press charges against him. Also, several players from the Cleveland team will be suspended for the playoff games and could possibly not be able to play for the rest of the year. The TSSAA as well as Ronnie Carter was notified as soon as the incident occurred. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr. Carter making his way to the Chattanooga area this week. :ph34r:

As coaches in this state, we must all sit our kids down and remind them that under no circumstances will we tolerate fighting before, during, or after football games. Gentlemen it's way too late to try to restrain them after the fight breaks out. I've had it happen twice in my career (though nothing like this, just minor outbreaks), both times at pre-season scrimmages. I learned then that it can happen very quickly and it can get out of hand before anyone can respond. We must also remember that these are still just kids. They are not always in full control of their emotions and sometimes they act out in frustration. It is ALWAYS up to the adults to maintain control over the players. Every assistant coach must do his utmost to take control of a bad situation. Let us all learn from this terrible event and always remember that our actions will be emulated by our players. IF we show restraint they are much more likely to follow our lead; however, if we lose our composure in the heat of the moment, how much more will they lose control?

pounder, you think your team isnt remotely classless. well youre wrong! ive been to several games this year and i have spoken to the running backs at hixson and they said that on repeated accounts that the d-line for central would spit in the backs face. now if that isnt low i dont know what is... and newsome you are totally right about central not needing to be associated with the discussion. after all it is about the rhea cleveland incident, not centrals immorals and low class

Duke i dont care who you say you talked to or who said it happened. if it was happening then why wasnt a penalty called on it? i know if i was being spit on i would let the ref know about it...but maybe he didnt see it either? i can understand the frusteration that comes with playing a close game and loseing but i dont think it is up to the adults to keep control over the players. these guys arnt 4 anymore...they are almost grown men and if they cant control their angure any better than that im afraid to see the future. im still in school and i can say that i have been very mad before and felt like hittin someone but i didnt and i know everyone of yall have been there also. when you are in high school you should be grown enough to know how to handle things without having mama hold your hand out onto the football field. i know that at this age you dont know everything and you arnt completely grown yet but if everytime you get mad you start swinging then we are gonna have a lawless society in america in a few generations. i understand how young adults can be so much that im willing to go out on a limb and say that EVERY team at one time or another has been classless. every team has done or said stuff they shouldnt have but fightin like that is horrible.

Edited by purplepounderfootball