macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

I WAS REALLY IN SHOCK TO GET ON HERE TONIGHT AND SEE THAT ADULTS WERE ON HERE MAKING FUN OF A CHILD BECAUSE THEY SPELLED SOMETHING INCORRECTLY. ;)  OR MAYBE IT WASNT A CHILD......WHO KNOWS FOR SURE, BUT EVERYONE DOES NOT ALWAYS SPELL EVERYTHING RIGHT. IS IT SO IMPORTANT (DEFENDING YOUR TEAM) THAT YOU WOULD, STOOP SO LOW AS TO CUT AND DEMEAN THE CONFIDENCE OF A CHILD OR THAT PERSON. WE AS GROWN UPS ARE SUPPOSE TO SET EXAMPLES OF THE RIGHT THING TO DO. THERE IS A PROPER WAY TO LET SOMEONE KNOW OF A MISTAKE, BUT BEINGS THIS IS A CHILD AND I HAVE SEEN MANY MISPELLED WORDS ON HERE BY OTHERS, (INCLUDING MYSELF IM SURE) THE THING TO HAVE DONE AND I WOULD HAVE DONE WOULD BE TO IGNORE THE MISTAKE. EXSPECIALLY SINCE YOU KNEW WHAT THEY WERE SAYING. SO THE ONLY CONCLUSSION I CAN COME UP WITH IS THAT THE COMMENTS WERE MADE TO MAKE FUN OF THE PERSON. I THINK WITH ALL THE TROUBLE IN SCHOOLS WITH KIDS BEING MADE FUN OF FOR THAT REASON AND MANY, MANY OTHERS, THAT WE AS ADULTS WOULD DO ALL WE COULD TO STOP IT, NOT TEACH THEM HOW ITS DONE. BUT THAT IS  ONLY MY OPINION, SAD THAT IT IS NOT MANY OTHERS. THIS SITE IS FOR FUN AND SMACK TALKING, NOT TO BE TAKEN SO SERIOUS I THOUGHT. I KNOW THINGS GET OUT OF HAND SOMETIMES, BUT WHEN DEFENDING YOUR TEAM, WITH HURTFUL COMMENTS TO OTHERS, WHAT DOES THAT TEACH THE KIDS ON THE TEAM YOUR DEFENDING???WITH THAT SAID, GOOD LUCK TO THE OWLS THIS COMING FRIDAY AND...........

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah...lighten up...this is all in fun. If it is a kid...if he or she can get on here and trash talk...then get ready for the consequences. If you don't want to be ridiculed for mistakes...then don't get on here and run that mouth. Don't act all high and mighty...this is not school. It's a message board...for Pete's sake. Heck...I make plenty of mistakes on here. I don't pout when someone makes fun of me. If I did...I would be doing a lot of pouting.

I AGREE THAT KIDS DONT NEED TO GET ON HERE AND RUN THEIR MOUTHS, DIDNT SAY I AGREED WITH WHAT THE KID SAID, I SIMPLY SAID THAT, WELL DO YOU HAVE KIDS, DONT KNOW IF YOU DO OR NOT BUT IF YOU DID AND THEY CAME IN ONE DAY AND SAID A PERSON MUCH OLDER MADE FUN OF ME TODAY BECAUSE I DIDNT SPELL A WORD CORRECTLY, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO YOUR CHILD??

I would say stay off message boards if you are not ready to be on one. Or I would say...use spellcheck.net...it's at the bottom of this page. I would say if you are going to trash talk...be ready for some back. It's not personal...it's entertainment. Go to the kiddy message boards...there are plenty of them.

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanman.... you up this early on an off day??? I normally stay off, but reading this stuff has been too much fun.  I will have to agree with you on the overlooking last time issue.  I remember beating Macon 61-0 at their place with them getting no sniff of the end zone.  When it boils down to it, their fans and players remember each of those beatings too.  Coach Dyer and his staff have done an excellent job this season.  However, in the end, tradition will prevail.....  Smith Co. by 2 TD's.

I will be in touch with you later about riding arrangements!!!

DILL PICKLE

I can remember Macon Co. beat the night chickens 56 - 0, and can also remember another time Macon beat SC, this year. SC sniffed the end zone all night long, but scored just once.

But you know what? It don't mean squat, neither does tradition

HECK, THE TIGERS ARE MAKIN THEIR OWN TRADITION !!!!

What year did ya'll beat us 56-0? It must have been in the sixties or earlier. What century was that?

The year was 1966. Now what year did SC beat MC 61 -0?

MY point is , is it don't matter.

I WAS REALLY IN SHOCK TO GET ON HERE TONIGHT AND SEE THAT ADULTS WERE ON HERE MAKING FUN OF A CHILD BECAUSE THEY SPELLED SOMETHING INCORRECTLY. ;)  OR MAYBE IT WASNT A CHILD......WHO KNOWS FOR SURE, BUT EVERYONE DOES NOT ALWAYS SPELL EVERYTHING RIGHT. IS IT SO IMPORTANT (DEFENDING YOUR TEAM) THAT YOU WOULD, STOOP SO LOW AS TO CUT AND DEMEAN THE CONFIDENCE OF A CHILD OR THAT PERSON. WE AS GROWN UPS ARE SUPPOSE TO SET EXAMPLES OF THE RIGHT THING TO DO. THERE IS A PROPER WAY TO LET SOMEONE KNOW OF A MISTAKE, BUT BEINGS THIS IS A CHILD AND I HAVE SEEN MANY MISPELLED WORDS ON HERE BY OTHERS, (INCLUDING MYSELF IM SURE) THE THING TO HAVE DONE AND I WOULD HAVE DONE WOULD BE TO IGNORE THE MISTAKE. EXSPECIALLY SINCE YOU KNEW WHAT THEY WERE SAYING. SO THE ONLY CONCLUSSION I CAN COME UP WITH IS THAT THE COMMENTS WERE MADE TO MAKE FUN OF THE PERSON. I THINK WITH ALL THE TROUBLE IN SCHOOLS WITH KIDS BEING MADE FUN OF FOR THAT REASON AND MANY, MANY OTHERS, THAT WE AS ADULTS WOULD DO ALL WE COULD TO STOP IT, NOT TEACH THEM HOW ITS DONE. BUT THAT IS  ONLY MY OPINION, SAD THAT IT IS NOT MANY OTHERS. THIS SITE IS FOR FUN AND SMACK TALKING, NOT TO BE TAKEN SO SERIOUS I THOUGHT. I KNOW THINGS GET OUT OF HAND SOMETIMES, BUT WHEN DEFENDING YOUR TEAM, WITH HURTFUL COMMENTS TO OTHERS, WHAT DOES THAT TEACH THE KIDS ON THE TEAM YOUR DEFENDING???WITH THAT SAID, GOOD LUCK TO THE OWLS THIS COMING FRIDAY AND...........

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah...lighten up...this is all in fun. If it is a kid...if he or she can get on here and trash talk...then get ready for the consequences. If you don't want to be ridiculed for mistakes...then don't get on here and run that mouth. Don't act all high and mighty...this is not school. It's a message board...for Pete's sake. Heck...I make plenty of mistakes on here. I don't pout when someone makes fun of me. If I did...I would be doing a lot of pouting.

I AGREE THAT KIDS DONT NEED TO GET ON HERE AND RUN THEIR MOUTHS, DIDNT SAY I AGREED WITH WHAT THE KID SAID, I SIMPLY SAID THAT, WELL DO YOU HAVE KIDS, DONT KNOW IF YOU DO OR NOT BUT IF YOU DID AND THEY CAME IN ONE DAY AND SAID A PERSON MUCH OLDER MADE FUN OF ME TODAY BECAUSE I DIDNT SPELL A WORD CORRECTLY, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO YOUR CHILD??

First thing I would say...is use a dictionary yourself before you tell someone else to use one...then I would give that little talk about if ya can't take a little teasing...you're going to have a hard row to hoe...

Fanman.... you up this early on an off day??? I normally stay off, but reading this stuff has been too much fun.  I will have to agree with you on the overlooking last time issue.  I remember beating Macon 61-0 at their place with them getting no sniff of the end zone.  When it boils down to it, their fans and players remember each of those beatings too.  Coach Dyer and his staff have done an excellent job this season.  However, in the end, tradition will prevail.....  Smith Co. by 2 TD's.

DILL PICKLE

I can remember Macon Co. beat the night chickens 56 - 0, and can also remember another time Macon beat SC, this year. SC sniffed the end zone all night long, but scored just once.

What year did ya'll beat us 56-0? It must have been in the sixties or earlier. What century was that?

I think it was actually 60-0. It was Dirkson's junior or senior year (87 or 88). Macon dropped us the next season.

Yeah...blame it on the coaches...that's what you need to do. Whooooo...I know we are scared to death...maybe we shouldn't show up. Maybe we could blame that on our coaches too. Special teams may be a factor...but won't be the deciding factor.

The game will be won up front. I think we have the advantage there. We are the underdogs...you are the 4-3a champs. I know because you remind us of that in about every post. The pressure is on you. You're the favorites.

Yeah, Smith is the favorites. I know the stupid poll on here shows Macon is but anybody who knows anything would put money on Smith. I think them big ones contests just looks at the record of both just look. I think our coaches are great but our players won the game against GC. I'm man enough not to have excuses though this time cause it's anybody's game at this point.Go Blue and Black(of Macon of course) ;)

Wow! All you guys & gals are really yacking it up. Like I always say"people

have more fun than anybody".

I have to put my 2 cents on the Owls, and if I can pull it off, and get the night

off, I plan to be sitting there with my ole bud Queenie.

Have to agree with Carpet on the K'ville thing. Nobody in Reg. 4 has seen

anything like that this year. I hate to admit it myself, but they are on a slightly

higher level.

SC by 10.

;)

Yeah...blame it on the coaches...that's what you need to do. Whooooo...I know we are scared to death...maybe we shouldn't show up.  Maybe we could blame that on our coaches too.  Special teams may be a factor...but won't be the deciding factor.

The game will be won up front.  I think we have the advantage there.  We are the underdogs...you are the 4-3a champs.  I know because you remind us of that in about every post.  The pressure is on you.  You're the favorites.

Yeah, Smith is the favorites. I know the stupid poll on here shows Macon is but anybody who knows anything would put money on Smith. I think them big ones contests just looks at the record of both just look. I think our coaches are great but our players won the game against GC. I'm man enough not to have excuses though this time cause it's anybody's game at this point.Go Blue and Black(of Macon of course) ;)

How are we the favorites? You are the region 4-3a champs. You went 9-1...we went 8-2. You pounded us 21-6 the 1st time. You are at home this time too. How do you come to your conclusion?

DILL PICKLE

I think it was actually 60-0. It was Dirkson's junior or senior year (87 or 88). Macon dropped us the next season.

My book says,87 SC-21 MC-7 . 88 SC-49 MC-8

Pick you back up in 91.

What is Dirkson doing these days. He was a fine football player.

Trash talk? Who said it was trash talk? You all are just getting a BIG head about this while game, when only god knows what going to happen. Noone can predict whats to come. Yeah Smith is a good team, but so are we and we are capable of winning, and i believe we will. But if not its not the end of the world! We've had a GREAT season. So how about we just calm down abit, and concentrate on the game! Because MACON if you think about having no respect thing you won't win. And SC if you get a BIG HEAD will loose it QUICK!

Thats all i have to say. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

GO TIGERS!!!! HIT SOMEBODY!!!!

AMY, DONT NEED TO BE USING THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE ON HERE, IT IS NOT NICE AND UNCALLED FOR, SO DONT DO THAT OK. ( I AM A BAND MOM) YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO VOICE YOUR OPINION JUST DO IT WITHOUT THE LANGUAGE, THATS NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS FOR AND COACHT DOES NOT ALLOW IT.

ok sorry..just kinda lost my temper just abit...won't happen again i promise!

THANK YOU AMY, AND ITS OK, PEEPS LOOSE THEIR TEMPS SOMETIMES. ;)

I'm from Greenbrier ( in case you couldn't tell) , and I was just wantin to say good luck to both teams, and I'm lookin forward to playin either one of you in the weeks to come. We have already played Macon county in a scrimmage this year, so I am decently familiar with that squad, but I was wonderin about Smith county. Are they solid all over, do they have a certain player that carries the team, or do they rely on heart and execution? I was just wonderin, and any input would be appreciated. Good luck again to both teams.