macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apology accepted...I think Macon was picked 4th preseason by the region coaches.  I think the 4th and 5th place teams did pretty well this year.  What a great game and atmoshpere that was last night.  That's the way high school football should be.  I will be pulling for the Tigers this week.  They have found ways to win.  You have to admire that.  I don't feel that we lost the game...I feel Macon made the plays to win it.

I saw the media preview I guess. They tend to pick on reputation. Like FF007 said York and LA could have made the Playoffs out of Region 3, but that's not the way the ball bounces. We should have been in the PO's last season, but It only fired us up to work harder. We knew we had to beat SC, TC, or P-town to make the PO's or to ever be taken seriously. We were 3-1 this vs them this season better than 0-3. BTW from what I saw Grundy was the only team that should have made the PO's out of region 3. They are good!! Cannon, Dekalb should be moved to region 3 to even up some things. That way it would be 7 teams in 3 AAA and 8 in 4 AAA.

Are all the SC players OK? Hope no one is hurt. Putting up a good fight and losing by 1 had to be tough, learn from it SC. Come back stonger next year.

Edited by MaconCotgr

I wanted to go to this game SO bad. But I have heard all about it from Moose. And how the goal posts came down. And all about that winning kick. MC, alot of you don't know me, but you know Moose. He's so proud of all of you. And so am I! I didn't have a football team to cheer for in high school since I was homeschooled, so I'm proud to support MC! Take it all the way guys!!! I'll see you in the Boro! <_<

Moose's girl,

Sarah

Good morning Queenie! Good to see you & all the gang last nite. Didn't see you

after the game, but congrats on a great season. Proud to be a honorary member

of the "SC mafia". Got a seat on the 50 at the top, couldn't move the rest of

the game, so crowded.

MC, a great game, it's now up to you guys to carry the banner of Reg 4 all the

way to the 'boro & back.

Good luck! See all next season.

<_<

Big players make big plays and all night long that was the case last night. As a die-hard SC fan I am heart broken for the seniors that I think so much of ,but all you can ask a kid to do is line up and kick a 51 yd. field goal to beat you. Kittrell Smith's leg is NOT his biggest weapon. For a 17-18 year old to kick two game winners ,two weeks in a row, his biggest weapon is his heart. His first words to me as I congratulated him personally, "Man, you guys have a great team." These two teams are eat up with it. I'll be in Knoxville to support the Tigers, the REGION 4-3A CHAMPIONS. I LOVE THE OWLS and now it's time to say..............GO TIGERS !

I couldn't get on here last night...it kept saying there was some kind of problem!!!... GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

MrsTigerFan...to put it simply...I HATE YOUR BOUNCING FOOTBALL!!!!...LOL...

To my precious OWLS...Ya'll had a great season...I'm proud of each and every one of you...you played as hard as I've ever seen a team play...You gave it 110% last night...and that's all anyone can ask of you...and at the end...you conducted yourselves as young men should...with dignity...

#26...I've watched you for four years now...and as proud of you as I am for what you do on the field...I'm more proud of the way you've grown...matured...stay on that track...and you'll be just fine...

Macon Co...Congratulations...Ya'll played with your hearts on the line...did what you had to do...and came away with a win...If the OWLS had to lose...I'm glad it was to Coach Dyer's team...Listen to him...he'll teach you so much more than the game of football...

It was a perfect night for high school football...the weather couldn't have been better...the atmosphere was fantastic...and it was probably the best high school game I've seen played...ever...

Go east Macon Co...and show them what real football is all about...

QUEENIE, I HAVE TO HAND IT TO YOUR BOYS THEY PLAYED A HECK OF A GAME, AND I HAD TO AGGRAVATE YA A LITTLE BOUT MY BOUNCING FOOTBALL , SORRY DIDNT MEAN NO HARM BY IT, BUT IT WAS A GREAT GAME, AND BOTH TEAMS PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT, I HATED IT FOR THE OWLS, I REALLY DID, I FEEL BAD FOR ANYBODY THAT LOOSES CAUSE I KNOW THEIR OUT THERE PLAYING WITH ALL THEY GOT TO WIN, BUT THE OWLS HAVE HAD A GREAT YEAR AND NEED TO HOLD THEIR HEADS HIGH. AND I WANT TO SAY THAT I WAS REAL IMPRESSED WITH THE WHOLE TEAM BUT EXPECIALLY ONE KID FROM YOUR TEAM THAT CAME OVER AND CONGRATULATED OUR BOYS AND TOLD US THAT WE HAD A GREAT TEAM, NOW GO EAST AND KICK SOME BUTT, I WOULD HAVE SHOOK EACH ONE OF YOUR BOYS HANDS IF I COULD HAVE FOUND THEM ALL BUT I COULDNT. SMITH COUNTY HAS A HECK OF A TEAM. COACH DYER AND THE STAFF ARE GREAT, DYER AND HIS WIFE BOTH WERE MY TEACHERS WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, AND I THINK THE WORLD OF THEM BOTH. WISH I COULD HAVE MET SOME OF YA'LL BUT I WAS AFRAID TO LEAVE MY SEAT, CAUSE IT WOULDNT HAVE BEEN THERE WHEN I GOT BACK LOL. GREAT GAME SMITH COUNTY AND

WAY TO GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apology accepted...I think Macon was picked 4th preseason by the region coaches. I think the 4th and 5th place teams did pretty well this year. What a great game and atmoshpere that was last night. That's the way high school football should be. I will be pulling for the Tigers this week. They have found ways to win. You have to admire that. I don't feel that we lost the game...I feel Macon made the plays to win it.

Well put, Twan...well put