macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big players make big plays and all night long that was the case last night. As a die-hard SC fan I am heart broken for the seniors that I think so much of ,but all you can ask a kid to do is line up and kick a 51 yd. field goal to beat you. Kittrell Smith's leg is NOT his biggest weapon. For a 17-18 year old to kick two game winners ,two weeks in a row, his biggest weapon is his heart. His first words to me as I congratulated him personally, "Man, you guys have a great team." These two teams are eat up with it. I'll be in Knoxville to support the Tigers, the REGION 4-3A CHAMPIONS. I LOVE THE OWLS and now it's time to say..............GO TIGERS !

I mallin if you really are a going i want to meet you and any other part of the Mafia they maybe going also!! How bout it?????

Congratulations, Macon County, on a wonderful win. You guys play with a tremendous amount of heart and have great leadership. Somehow, you always seem to make the plays when you absolutely have to. I am heart broken that we lost but I am as proud of our guys as I possibly could be. The game this coming week is one that you can win if you keep playing physical and determined. Don't make the same mistakes with the turnovers and I believe you will win that game and the next one. Don't let us down here in Carthage. We are pulling for you guys all the way now. You have a special group that is capable of anything you put your heart and soul into. Keep on keepin on and refuse to lose. My guys know how I feel about them so, I don't have to put that on CoachT. What happened to Coach D was an unfortunate incident that should never take place in high school football. A stupid, stupid, stupid "fan" of ours came on the field cursing the coaches after the game. That's something we've had to deal with all season and Coach D snapped and I don't blame him. I would have done the same thing had I been able to get down there sooner. Bad thing about it is that the guys brother could have sure used him to be there for him at the time. That's all I'll say about it. Macon fans, I heard alot of things in that press box that I shouldn't have heard Friday night. You have a right to your opinions but don't be questioning your coaches for everyone to hear it. They have done a great job all season and need nothing from the fans but support. Isn't that what you're there for? Well, I'm done. Go, Tigers, and can I get a ride to the game?

Edited by mirrorman

Congrats from a Smith County fan. That was one of the best HS football games I have ever been to. Both teams played hard and both coaching staffs made good decisions all night. Good luck to Macon County in Knoxville. You will be an underdog but that role seems to suit you just fine. If the game is close in the fourth quarter I think you guys will have a huge advantage.

Great year for Smith County. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Except maybe one so-called "fan". ;) The coaches and players showed a great deal of class by congratulating Coach Dyer and his squad after the game when you know that they were just devastated.

If Smith had to lose at least it was Coach Dyer that beat us. I know most people in Carthage have a great deal of respect for him.

Good Luck Macon County!

Mirrorman, great post and we're on the right track. I'm proud af all you guys as well. I just wanted to let you know that me and the BigOne are headed out friday and you are more than welcome to go with. Just let me know. Should have a little more room if you know of anyone else that might want to go ? GO OWLS