Lincoln County 29 Smyrna 22

jabbo

The Falcons win another close one! The Smyrna Bulldogs were TOUGH!!!! They played 4 hard quarters of good football, with a few costly mistakes (the Falcons made a few also). Their punter and punt coverage was awesome - we finally quit trying to run the punts back. The Falcon Defense got tough in the red zone several times, and the offense came through at the end!

All in all, a very SCARY game and one that will let Riverdale smell blood. We have one week to get rid of that smell...I have complete confidence that the coaches and players will do it!!!!

Way to go FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep D'oh-ing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln Co was very fortinate to win this game. My hats off to Smyrna. Both teams played hard. Too many turnovers on both teams. If the Falcons are to make it past next week they better turn it up a notch or two. Good Luck next week Lincoln Co. you're gonna need it cause Riverdale is hitting on all cylinders. Lincoln Co. you deserve to go on. Whatever it takes. Just do it. You only got one game to worry about.

Smyrna Bulldogs hold your head up. You fought hard.

Man, what a ballgame!!! If you weren't at this one, you missed a good one!!! All I can say is Whew!!!! that was close Falcons! Edmiston to Chanze Bryson with 16 seconds left was the game winner! Chanze pulled it out for us again!

Smyrna came to play and almost came away with the big upset. Both teams coughed it up several times in this game. Our coaching staff finally wised up and realized you can't run the ball with 11 men in the box and opened it up the second half with the passing game which I continue to say, we have to do more to win. I just wish we pass it little more on 1st down instead of waiting until 3rd down. No excuses in this one. Just 2 good teams playing a good football game. The "PIT" was packed! and I expect it to overflow next week with Riverdale coming to town for revenge.

Smyrna, you played an excellent game!!! #5 and #7 really impressed me. Wolke if that is spelled correctly came through when he had too. You gave us a scare, but we survived! and that is the name of the game in the playoffs! Go Falcons! You have to play even harder to beat Riverdale next week!

Lincoln Co. you deserve to go on.  Whatever it takes. Just do it. You only got one game to  worry about.

It looks like they have them all to worry about :D Even if they get past Riverdale next week, it seems that Knoxville DB and Oak Ridge are hitting on all cylinders also, and they have to travel to East Tennessee. With that being said, I hope when you are saying that they don't have but one game to worry about is don't worry about noone but Riverdale! Riverdale is all that should be on their minds and I think they are plenty!

Edited by Big D.

As evidenced by those others posting on this thread, Smyrna gained all the respect in the world from the Falcon faithful. Smyrna played the Falcons tougher than ANYONE else this year, including Riverdale and Franklin...and the rematch with Oakland. Smyrna has a DARN good team, and Wolke is every bit as good as his billing. If his receivers hadn't dropped passes right in their hands, Smyrna woulda won this game.

The two teams were pretty evenly matched...size, speed, and heart. Wolke is a better passer than Edmiston. Edmiston is a much better runner and probably a better pure athlete, but Wolke will surely play big time ball.

Just can't say enough about how well Smyrna played. It is a shame that they had to lose.

Well I must say GOOD GOLLY what a game!!Great game! I will give Smyrna the big thumbs up they played one heck of a game! But once agian the officiating was awful!

82cat if you are out there you should be proud of those bulldogs!I think LCHS would liked to have gotten more pressure on Wolke AND I really don't think Josh Gregory ran the ball all that well! Could be the foot but it could have been a great defense from Smyrna also!

I know next week those Warriors will be extremely tough!IT is so hard to beat a team twice in one year!Espiacially the caliber of Riverdale!

I have faith in the Falcons so you go big blue and take it to the house!

I will be back in Fayetteville agian next week! Hard times around the house this week I am a true blue falcon and my son(the warrior supporter) is on the other side this week! PRAY for me!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am glad i went because it was a good one. i think the best team won. smyrna played very hard. big crowd and they were vocal. that might have been the difference tonight.

A VERY vocal crowd - had we played at Smyrna, the game could have (probably would have) gone the other way! The Falcons have had two VERY tough playoff games - the 40-0 games are history! Get ready for the Warriors, Falcons!

Keep it up FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One game at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!