Riverdale at Lincoln Co

kccc

Dang, when I went to Lincoln County Friday night for the Smyrna game, getting there was really crazy. It took my friend and I about an hour and 30 minutes to get there from Smyrna. And the drive "up" there was horrific. Yes, I mean "UP" there. When your on this road named North Cannon Dr. or something, you gotta stay on it for about 30 miles and it's curves and up-hill curves and it's crazy. Even on the way back, I ran over a dead animal that this person driving in front of me hit before me. But one thing, Lincoln County has an awesome stadium, I'll have pics of the game for you guys soon.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect a game and score pretty much like the last one. Hope Riverdale comes out on the right end of the score this time. It is very hard to call this one since it appears that both teams have improved offensively and defensively since September.

Whoever avoids mistakes, takes care of the football, and plays great defense will likely win this one. Probably be some big plays since both have players that can score from anywhere on the field. Those big plays are the wild card, if one team gets them and the other doesn't the score may not be a as close as the game.

The facts as I see them:

~LC is riding a 12 game win streak and Riverdale is riding a 7 game win streak so both are on a roll.

~Both teams have given up points against top-ten type teams but are pretty good at shutting down lesser opponents.

~ LC has won those games against top-ten type teams. Riverdale has not.

~ Riverdale is much younger than LC. Most Riverdale players were on their 3d career start when they last met.

~ Neither team has played a "killer" schedule.

~ LC has a marked home-field advantage.

~ Riverdale is more healthy than the last time the teams met. Lot's of injuries this year.

Bottom line: there are so many variables that it is almost impossible to call this one. Should be a great, great ball game.

Dang, when I went to Lincoln County Friday night for the Smyrna game, getting there was really crazy. It took my friend and I about an hour and 30 minutes to get there from Smyrna. And the drive "up" there was horrific. Yes, I mean "UP" there. When your on this road named North Cannon Dr. or something, you gotta stay on it for about 30 miles and it's curves and up-hill curves and it's crazy. Even on the way back, I ran over a dead animal that this person driving in front of me hit before me. But one thing, Lincoln County has an awesome stadium, I'll have pics of the game for you guys soon.

You were on Shelbyville Highway, known to us in Lincoln County, going over Chestnut Ridge. It is an extremely dangerous road, but provides for a very pretty drive. :lol: I am glad you made it to Fayetteville and back home safely. The game was worth the drive though, right?

I see someone else told you that you took the scenic Chestnut Ridge route!Loveley drive!There are other ways you could have gone thru Lynchburg(home of the Blue Raiders!) or thru Petersburg!I have driven that rouad since I wasn't old enough to drive so it isn't much to me anymore!BUT I am glad you made it there and back safe!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!!

In a big game like this, expect both teams to play trying to not make a mistake early. The first team that blinks will find themselves playing catchup and will make the difference in the game. Turnovers are the only key to this ballgame. Once a turnover is turned into points, playing catch-up ball will be the demise. Neither team has really had to play catchup ball lately. My guess, panic will be the ruling factor in this outcome. Who handles the pressure the best wins. :lol:

In a big game like this, expect both teams to play trying to not make a mistake early. The first team that blinks will find themselves playing catchup and will make the difference in the game. Turnovers are the only key to this ballgame. Once a turnover is turned into points, playing catch-up ball will be the demise. Neither team has really had to play catchup ball lately. My guess, panic will be the ruling factor in this outcome. Who handles the pressure the best wins. :lol:

In this case, then, the Falcons should have the upper hand. Last Friday against Smyrna, we won the game with 16 seconds to go. Final score: 29-22!

I'd say that's handling that pressure pretty well, wouldn't you?

GO FALCONS!!!!!

In this case, then, the Falcons should have the upper hand. Last Friday against Smyrna, we won the game with 16 seconds to go. Final score: 29-22!

GO FALCONS!!!!!

You're right. That was a nice drive put together by your club....but, my analysis is based on EQUALLY matched teams. Smyrna was the given underdog going into your game. LC was expected to win and win big even though Smyrna has an awesome defense, their offense sputters occasionally.

LC has been my pick from the early season and that's based on not even seeing them. My sources that have seen them were very impressed and said they were the real deal from the pre-season and LC hasn't dissappointed.

Riverdale is virtually a young team trying to improve and has done a great job of doing it. Riverdale is playing solid ball and should make a great competitor for LC. LC, by the numbers, player against player vs. experience, should win this game. LC really has the weapons to do it nicely. An LC win should be no surprise. It's in their talent pool. I just think this is as good of a matchup that you can have in the post season. :lol:

In this case, then, the Falcons should have the upper hand.  Last Friday against Smyrna, we won the game with 16 seconds to go.  Final score:  29-22!

GO FALCONS!!!!!

You're right. That was a nice drive put together by your club....but, my analysis is based on EQUALLY matched teams. Smyrna was the given underdog going into your game. LC was expected to win and win big even though Smyrna has an awesome defense, their offense sputters occasionally.

LC has been my pick from the early season and that's based on not even seeing them. My sources that have seen them were very impressed and said they were the real deal from the pre-season and LC hasn't dissappointed.

Riverdale is virtually a young team trying to improve and has done a great job of doing it. Riverdale is playing solid ball and should make a great competitor for LC. LC, by the numbers, player against player vs. experience, should win this game. LC really has the weapons to do it nicely. An LC win should be no surprise. It's in their talent pool. I just think this is as good of a matchup that you can have in the post season. ;)

We're not buying that crap about Riverdale being a young team and trying to improve. They have grown up for this year and with the quality of athletes that they have and the quality of their coaching staff they can beat anybody. I think any of the final 8 has just as good a chance as the next team cause they're all good.

ERA you know better than to say LC was suppused to win big over Smyrna. If Smyrna wasn't a quality team maybe LC doesn't have any business in the playoffs. Smyrna easly could be in the final 8 if they hadn't had to go to LC and almost made it anyway.

Everyone knows its hard to beat the same team twice in one season i.e Oakland.

Franklin just proved last week that it isn't hard to beat the same team twice :rolleyes: If Lincoln County can play well on special teams, Josh Gregory runs the ball harder than he has been running, defense continues to play as they have been, and for Gosh sakes! eliminate the penalties; Lincoln County will win this game. Lincoln County 21 Riverdale 14.

There is one play that Riverdale runs that could cause our Falcons some problems if they are not careful, and that is the sprint draw! Our defensive front does a great job of rushing and getting to the QB but we have to watch for this all night long. If #1 or whoever they have in the backfield with speed gets past them, it could go for big yardage. We defended it well during week 3. They like to run this play a great deal.

What hurt LC so badly against Smyrna was the field position Smyrna enjoyed, and Riverdale can't count on that good fortune befalling them.

Another thing that hurt LC was Wolke's pinpoint passing. Riverdale, as good as they are, do not have the passing game that Smyrna has, and I don't think they can beat LC running the ball.

LC must cover #84. He is the go to man for Riverdale. Cover him and watch #1 like a hawk.

And let's not forget Thomas. He is big time. Those are the three most impressive players on theWarriors team....IMHO. If LC can take care of them, they should win.

Now, who all does LC have that Riverdale needs to be concerned about? I think that list is pretty long.

In the first game, LC's win wasn't a fluke, as evidenced by the stats. LC won there pretty impressively, also.

LC will win by a bigger margin than before...just like Franklin did over Brentwood.

Guest Oakland

and inot2bad u are makin it sound like smyrna's good kickoff and punt returns are flukes, well they arent. i could see this one coming as far as field positions goes after the oakland game, lincoln doesnt have many flaws, but they are very poor in punt and kickoff coverage and if they dont improve on that against riverdale it could blow up right in their face