Riverdale at Lincoln Co

kccc

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just us "speed bumps" here..... :lol:

Question for LC fans. My brother's family is coming up from Huntsville to meet us for the game. Where is a good place south of the school for us to have dinner before the game? We want to have a good dinner and then be at the stadium by a little after 6:00.

Will we have any parking problems?

Thanks....

Oh, almost forgot: RHS 24, LC 21

helmet.gif

Just us "speed bumps" here..... :lol:

Question for LC fans. My brother's family is coming up from Huntsville to meet us for the game. Where is a good place south of the school for us to have dinner before the game? We want to have a good dinner and then be at the stadium by a little after 6:00.

Will we have any parking problems?

Thanks....

Oh, almost forgot: RHS 24, LC 21

helmet.gif

TDCman, the most common meeting spot used to be Rachel's Restaurant, but it closed a few days ago. Actually, it just moved a little closer to the school and is now called The Barn, cuz it's in a big red barn. You can't miss it, but they don't have signs up yet...just look for the Barn about a half a mile past the school. It'll be on your left. Same folks run it who ran Rachel's, and on Friday night they have a pretty decent seafood buffett...shrimp, oysters, fish, frog legs, etc.....and GREAT banana pudding.

If you wanna go farther south than that, once you go up "Park City Hill" (you can't miss it...only big hill in Fayetteville), there is a pretty good BBQ joint on the right at the first traffic light, but that's about all they have....BBQ.

As for problems parking, you will be able to park, but you may have a ways to walk if you get there late. There is lots of parking at LCHS.

In another post on this thread I gave suggestions for restaurants. Even though some of these aren't south of Fayetteville, they are other options for you:

Y'all come on to Fayetteville early, eat at one of our good restaurants or at our concession stand and see some super talent out there on the field. You can have a great veggie and meat buffet at The Barn; Trotter's at the Best Western has a nice food buffet; nicer fare at Cahoots or Cattlemans; super slawburgers (hamburgers with great slaw) at Honey's Restaurant on the square; BBQ at Reed's or Whitt's; or fast food at our many establishments. All of these places are easy to find--any local can tell you where all of these places are.

Welcome to Fayetteville.

in my opinion they are the two best teams in the state and this is the state title. i feel lincoln co. played there best ball throughout the year. but last week i think Smyrna showed there weekness and riverdale can capitalize from that game. i also feel riverdale has more speed than lincoln.(hard to believe)should be another nail bitter this week but i think riverdale will be to much and it wont happen twice. any sport you play its never easy winning for a second time in the same year.

FalconMama you must have Charter cause it's not on FPU.  I'm getting ready for Friday night and we don't want to peak to soon.  A lot of people are still resting their vocal cords.  The Pit Crew has got to come alive Friday night.  Let's make some noise and Rock the House.  Can you hear me?

I'm ready to make some noise...I'm seriously thinking about painting my face blue ala Braveheart! If we can get some noisy (and I mean REAL NOISY) groups together (voices, not airhorns and such), it just might come in handy to get things off on the right track and (if necessary) to keep things on the right track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay on top Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat RIVERDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jabbo

Here's what I predict...hope happens Friday night.......

Ya know, I once saw a picture of President-elect Harry Truman holding up a newspaper with the big headline "DEWEY BEATS TRUMAN!" ;)

C'mon Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat RIVERDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jabbo

I hope all you Falcon fans have picked up a copy of this week's Elk Valley Times! They've got a lot of space devoted to the football team this week. There's a full page of photos from games (some of the players, fans, band, cheerleaders, etc) and a nice article about the Smyrna game. Coach Thompson commented on the problem our special teams had in covering kickoff/punt returns...he said something like they'd work on it this week and try to find some people who "want" to make plays. Interesting choice of words! :P