Riverdale at Lincoln Co

kccc

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has mentioned what factor coaching will play in this big game. Does either team have an advantage in coaching. In my opinion, both Rankin and Thompson are quality coaches who know how to win it all. If neither psyches himself out, I'd say coaching is a toss up.

I agree. One thing that LC may have as an additional motivational factor is the thinking of 'Win it for the Chief'. Last I heard the doctors had medicated him back into a coma again to try to control swelling of his brain by limiting his brain activity. I'm sure all of the players remember him in their pregame prayers, and I'm sure they coaches do as well. All of LC is with you Chief, and I'm sure many people outside are praying for you too. We all hope you get well soon!

"On point 4, right again. Riverdale is not as physical as LC, so I favor LC also.

Barring penalties and costly turnovers, Lincoln County should win a few more converts Friday night."

inot2bad, I agree totally except I get drilled for saying that in an earlier thread.

I guess some people rather bash than say something competent. You pretty much layed out all the high points of the matchup. Good job. :D

Sorry to hear you get bashed for telling the truth. I like both schools and both coaches, but the simple fact is that LC is more talented this year. That doesn't guarantee the Falcons a win, but barring turnovers and penalties, they should win, plus, they are playing in The Pit.

Facts are facts.

Folks have been talking about the difficulty of beating a team twice in one season...let's look at the Thompson/Rankin records....

Lincoln County

1990 Beat Oakland twice

1992 Lost to Lebanon twice.

1993 Beat Stratford twice.

1998 Lost to Riverdale twice.

2001 Lost to Oakland twice.

2002 Beat Riverdale in the regular season then lost in the playoffs.

2003 Beat Oakland twice.

Riverdale

1996 Beat Jefferson County in the regular season then lost in the playoffs.

1998 Beat Lincoln County twice, beat Oakland in the regular season then lost in the playoffs.

2000 Beat Brentwood twice.

2001 Beat Oakland and Blackman twice.

2002 Lost to Lincoln County in the regular season then won in the playoffs, beat Oakland and Blackman twice.

Comments: The Falcons have split games only once...against Riverdale last year...alot of folks called that first win a fluke (I didn't think it was - the Falcons suffered from SEVERE inconsistency last year). Riverdale has split games three times. It's also interesting to look at the years that the Falcons and Warriors consistently won in the regular season and the playoffs (I'll include 2002 for Riverdale since so many people say the Falcon win that year was a fluke :angry: ):

Riverdale

2000 - Lost to Red Bank in the state final.

2001 - Won State

2002 - Lost to Brentwood in the state final

Lincoln County

1990 - Won State

1993 - Won State

2003 - To be determined.......

Conclusions: Lincoln County has been more consistent when playing teams twice!!!!

Recommendation:

Keep it up Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat RIVERDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riverdale is going to get a whoopen by Lincoln County!!!! Lincoln County is going all the way!!! Riverdale is just a speed bump on the way to championship for Lincoln County!!!:angry:

Speed bump? Perhaps, but it's a rather large one - the Falcons need to get by it without losing control of the bus!!!!!!!!

Stay focussed Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat RIVERDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with everyone who has said The Pit will be a major factor in Friday night's game. Last year the Falcons hosted Riverdale at The Pit and somehow managed a 10-9 victory. Never underestimate the power of The Pit! :D

If you don't have any plans this Friday, you should definitely make the trip to Fayetteville to see this game! The atmosphere will be ELECTRIC, and it seems like every time LC and Riverdale get together it's a great game! To whoever said it might be hard for LC to get pumped up about facing an opponent for a second time, that's SOOOO not even a factor for this game! We get pumped up for the Warriors every time we face them!

Edited by lcfalconsister

You don't have to play great!Just good enough to score more than the other team!

It works for me!GO big blue!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!!!!!

Well, we certainly haven't played our best the first two rounds of the playoffs, but I think the whole time we were looking forward to this Riverdale rematch. With the emotions now high and the rematch at hand, Lets continue to score more than the other team like we have all season!