State Championship

football_36

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And actually Lincoln County folk, you're right. I just simply want Riverdale to win. Why is that? Because our band plays the Tommahawk (sp?) Chop a lot better than their band does!

No, in all seriousness I honestly would love to see a LC-FHS rematch. I promise. I just don't think it's going to happen. We'll know Friday night though.

Just a little humor from me to keep mind settled FHSReb, a lot going on with this weeks playoff game against HVille, and trying not to be stressed. Anyway, Riverdale LC will be a great game that will be decided at the very end, two great teams playing this friday, possible best game int eh state in all classifications.

Oh well that makes it better!

Yes, it's the best game on Friday... but the best game all weekend is BA-MBA and I still don't know who I think will win.

And actually Lincoln County folk, you're right. I just simply want Riverdale to win. Why is that? Because our band plays the Tommahawk (sp?) Chop a lot better than their band does!

No, in all seriousness I honestly would love to see a LC-FHS rematch. I promise. I just don't think it's going to happen. We'll know Friday night though.

I have your back FHSreb27. Let's be honest yet critical at the same time. Lincoln County has an unblemished record that cannot be taken away from them.However, they do not play in a tough region by any stretch of the imagination. As a matter of fact, their region is awful in comparison with say Region6-5A. Franklin and Brentwood and Dickson all had great football teams this year and Franklin is still standing. Riverdale played a tough out of region schedule and got better each week. The Warriors start somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 sophomores and juniors. Well, as we all know, these sophomores are now juniors and the juniors are now seniors (figuratively speaking). The last time these two teams played Licoln never allowed Riverdale to get in cinq. Now, eight weeks later Licoln is playing a much better football team. Don't think for a second that Rankin will not have a different defensive scheme ready for this ballgame. Lincoln may have gone undefeated this year but not against quality opponents. Granted, Riverdale lost two ballgames this year (Dickson and Lincoln), but sometimes a loss is better for a team than one might think. Lincoln fans do not get mad but I have to go with FHSreb27 on this one and pick Riverdale. My prediction: 27-14

I have decided to go with Riverdale too. I just know it is hard to beat a good team twice, especially Riverdale. While both teams have improved, Riverdale had more room to improve because of the youth on the team. Lincoln Co has seemed to slow down a little against tougher playoff opponents. On the other hand, if Lincon Co had a couple of off games (Oakland, Smyrna) it may be time for a great game. Couple that with the players feeling they should have beaten the first 2 teams by more and they are gonna be fired up for a CONVINCING. Crap, I am talking myself out of who will win.. Riverdale 28 Lincoln Co 27 (blocked PAT)

The Warriors start somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 sophomores and juniors. Well, as we all know, these sophomores are now juniors and the juniors are now seniors (figuratively speaking).

OK, I'll accept your figurative speech...if you accept mine. All those Lincoln County seniors who manhandled(check the game stats) the Warriors in the first meeting are now college freshmen.

The falcons have matured, just as the Warriors have matured. If you saw the first game, you saw that the Falcons were much more physical than the Warriors. I'm sure Coach Rankin is trying to come up with a different defensive scheme. Obviously, the first one didn't work.

If Riverdale takes the same players to THE PIT who played in their first game, LC will win again....probably by a bigger margin. That's hard to imagine, isn't it?

I just simply want Riverdale to win. Why is that?

Well, a BUNCH of Franklin folks are picking Riverdale. Actually, I think they are HOPING it's Riverdale. The "FRANKTOWN" faithful can huff and puff all night about wanting a rematch with Lincoln County, but in their heart of hearts where the truth lives, they KNOW that Lincoln County beat them once and they can do it again. If I were from Franklin, I'd rather play anyone else in the playoffs instead of Lincoln County.

I went down to Fayetteville to see that first game in week 0, and I've seen the Falcons a couple of times since. They have gotten better. If they play Franktown again, LC will win by a bigger margin than the first time.

Just remember where you read it.

MBA and Hillsboro will prevail and be state champs i'm calling it, MBA will play BA in the Clinic bowl and win as well as Hillsboro will play Maryville in the Blue Cross Bowl and win. Yes, both these teams now have losses, but MBA's was on a bad call and Hillsboro beat Shelbyville 60-7, Shelbyville beat Pearl Cohn who Hillsboro lost to. MBA has a tough squad this year led by people like Micheal Coban, Micheal Fischer, and Brad French. Hillsboro also is tough led by people like Brad Doss, Marcellus Tibbs, Kevin "Bama" McCants, and Calvin "Fridge" Bryant. Give me some input on who you all think will win state.