Oliver Springs 68 Livingston Academy 67 OT

OS91

If this is any indication of the kind of basektball to be played this year, LOOK OUT.

LA and OS played some expceptional basketball.

Beechboard and Hall lived up to their billing as two of the top players in the country hooking up on the hardwood for tonight's clash of TITANS.

Beechboard scored 24 Hall scored 27

Monk for Oliver Springs tallied 5 from downtown. Hackworth was big all night down low for the Cats.

Great effort by both teams. I think there is a great chance these teams could be playing on Friday or Saturday in the BORO.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Lady Cats of Oliver Springs on this huge victory. Like I have said, Hall will do her thing but she needs help in the form of Hackworth and Company. It sounds as if Hackworth played "big" tonight as did Monk!! How did Wampler, B Lankford, and A Lankford as well as the rest of the team look tonight???

Edited by Bobericks

Congratulations to the Lady Bobcats on a huge come-from-behind win. OS got off to a slow start, but Monk's 3-point barrage in the third quarter brought them back. OS showed a lot of character coming from behind.

As for LA, their post players have to be willing to get set and take a charge, and their free throw shooting wasn't very good, especially late in the game and in overtime.

Monk hit four three-pointers in less than four minutes to cut a 13-point lead to 6 with 6:21 to play. From there Hall and Hackworth scored the final 15 points of regulation to send the game to overtime.

The LA fans are not going to be happy about the ending. With 1.7 seconds to go and the score tied, OS throws a full court pass to Wampler who tips to Hall. Hall gets knocked down on the play and a foul is called (And it was a foul), LA fans and OS fans both hated to see the game end like that. Although, again, the official made a good call, but it was kind of on a desperation play.

The eastern ref's giving the home team a call with one second to go in the game on a full court pass? No matter what anyone says and i am sure everyone will get on here and express their opinion but no way should a ref make a call like that with one second to go in a tightly contested game, you can't make that call and if it had gone against you OS fans you would be saying the same thing, I am not for LA by any means just would like to see the kids given a fair shake thats all.

I look at it like this, with 1.7 seconds left, if Hall doesn't get fouled she attempts a 15-footer at the buzzer. That's a makeable shot and that's why the ref had to make the call. I would have rather seen Hall get the ball and attempt the shot, whether good or not. However, the ref did make the correct call because she was knocked down and it prevented her from getting the last second shot off.

Hopefully, these two will meet three times this year.

For OS, several players stepped up

1. Hall- 27 points and game-winning free throw

2. Monk- 16 points, 5-5 on three-pointers

3. Lankford- Made Beechboard work for everything.

4. Hackworth- Two huge fourth quarter buckets including old-fashioned three-point play with 2:06 to play.

5. Goins- Played well in first half offensively or things could have got ugly before intermission.

6. Wampler- Only 2 points, but takes charge on Beechboard with 5:15 left to play. That play was huge down the stretch.

7. Smith- Freshman hits two free throws and comes up with two huge rebounds in OT.

8. Bishop and Arielle also played and provided minutes

Sounds like a great game. Didn't see it but heard it. I also hate to see a game like this end with someone shooting a free throw with no time on the clock. By the way, that's a fantastic picture of Hall shooting the free throw, tied, with no time on the clock. However, if the foul was made, then it should have been called. LA should have known better. It sounded as though they should not have been in that position - overtime and coming from behind - anyway.

Blah-blah-blah-blah! Always overanalyizing! It was a great game! I sat 10 feet from Iamoz! I was really impressed with both teams and I'm sure they will both be in state! Their speed just amazed me! Beechboard didn't get stopped by anybody! Same with Hall, especially with the zone at the start of the game! I loved the game and Oliver Springs gets my applauses because they made a great atmosphere for the game! Excellent Hosts! Good luck the rest of the season for both teams!