DCA vs. Boyd Buchanan

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Boyd Buchanan is a good football team, but they have not even been close to playing the type of teams in region 5. Every team in that region is tough and Boyd has not played anyone in the east that matches up with anyone in that region. I heard that SP was not as good as everyone made them out to be. I will pick DCA by 10 or more because of the competition they have faced. Even with Wooden out DCA still has a good running game. DCA will not play a team any harder than in region 5.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUBBA61-

Please do not judge the entire school. I'm sure there are people from every school who do not represent the school well. So please, don't say stuff like "Boyd is a poor reflection on the state of Tennessee as to how a 'Christian School' should act". Every, and I do mean every, school has people like that.

As for the topic at hand

Hunter23. You said Boyd has not played near the competition that DCA has. I disagree. Boyd does not schedule 1A teams for nonregion games anymore. Why? No one will play them. Seriously. Look at their nonregion schedule. This year they played a Baylor team before Baylor had all the injuries (DII school), Goodpasture (2A), East Ridge (2A), Howard (2A), and Walker Valley(3A). They had a 10th game scheduled, but the other team backed out. I agree Region 5 is tough, but I also think Boyd's region is tough as well. South Pittsburg was better this year than last year in my opinion. Not trying to start an argument. Just disagreeing with you and hoping to shed some light on Boyd's "Strength of Schedule". It doesn't matter now. Both teams are equal because they both got here.

Well this will prolly sound terrrible coming from someone from Ezell, because imma be the Pot here. From what i saw last year from Boyd and #1(Nelson Mr Olympia) i dont think they have that much class to begin with but they might have gold ball togo witht hat silver one this year.

Edited by Chakra20

Yes, it was a good game. Peardon was great. The offensive line was good.

Peardon at the half had more yards than some good backs have in two games.

Peardon is strong and fast. He makes good decisions. He acts like he has been in the endzone before. You can't say that for some guys or teams. He runs and plays hards. He also gives credit where it is due whether it be his own teammates or players of the other team. He is gracious loser and winner. Some could take some notes and keep their mouths shut and and not act they won the super bowl everytime they make a tackle or a good play on offense.

No one can say who is going to win friday. It should be a good game!!

Two well coached teams, great players and supportive fans will provide a great atmosphere in the 1-A Title game. Let's not ruin this by saying a bunch of stupid stuff on the net.

I'm sure DCA and BBS will plan well for the game. DCA will make adjustments no matter who is playing what position and I'm sure the Wooden kid will be ready!

advice to BBS --- Give Peardon the ball and give it to him some more. Do not throw the ball unless it is absolutely necessary! (3 things can happen when you put the ball in the air and 2 of them are bad!)

Don't overcoach. 30+ carries would be good. Also run the option. It is assignment football for the defense and high school kids will eventually make mistakes on who has the QB , RB, etc.

Both teams have earned the right to be in title game. Let the kids play and decide it.

Don't put any more pressure on them than they already have on them by writing a bunch of stupid stuff.

Congratulations to DCA and BBS!

We will see you in Murfreesboro.

Thank you, Scout15. 'Preciate the correction. But I think I made my point, seeing as the schools you corrected me on were in a higher classification than I had said.

One more point. I know everyone not in the Chattanooga area is saying Boyd beating South Pittsburg twice is not that big a deal, but I don't think people understand something: South Pittsburg does not lose to the same team twice. They are a very well coached team that is very physical. They have a very proud team and the rivalry with Boyd has become, well, let's just say vicious at times. South Pittsburg has never lost to the same team twice in a year and Boyd did that this year. This is a team that was averaging around 60 points a game (or something like that) and came to Boyd and scored only 13 in 2 games. I don't know what that says to you, but it speaks volumes to me. Big word here: RIVALRY. The proof was in the pudding.

Wish everyone the best of luck on Friday!

BucBandwagon