pujo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo,

I have said from the beginning that 1a represents less than 10% of the total students in the TSSAA.

But it is 1/5 of the schools. The schools are the members of the T$$AA not the students. Pujo is right though, nothing will be done. 2A and 3A will not go for a multiplier. The Div I privates will not go for it. The Div II teams probably wanted the split, and the multiplier does them no good. 4A and 5A could care less, the multiplier will not affect them one way or the other.

Edited by GregC

GregC-

Just for the record, most D1 1A private schools do not feel that a 2x multiplier is fair (1.5 like GA has is more like it, and they did tons of research.) However, no D1 1A (or 2A) private that I am in contact with are against the multiplier, they much prefer it over the split (due to financial and safety concerns)

Those opposing the multiplier (and I'm telling tales out of school here, making an assumption) are the programs that struggle already (Nash Christian, Lighthouse, etc...)

Most successful programs I know of had considered moving up anyway, but were hesitant knowing that the whole deal is still up in the air.

GregC-

Just for the record, most D1 1A private schools do not feel that a 2x multiplier is fair (1.5 like GA has is more like it, and they did tons of research.) However, no D1 1A (or 2A) private that I am in contact with are against the multiplier, they much prefer it over the split (due to financial and safety concerns)

Those opposing the multiplier (and I'm telling tales out of school here, making an assumption) are the programs that struggle already (Nash Christian, Lighthouse, etc...)

Most successful programs I know of had considered moving up anyway, but were hesitant knowing that the whole deal is still up in the air.

Actually, the difference between 1.5 or 2 is not that great as it still has most of the 1A Privates in 2A. I think Boyd was the only exception, who may be 3A with a multiplier of 2. As for the 2A Privates today, Goodpasture would be in 3A with both, I think Lipsomb jumps to 4A with a 2 multiplier (not too sure of a 1.5 effect).

As for NCS etc, I think they would remain in 1A.

Pujo,

I have said from the beginning that 1a represents less than 10% of the total students in the TSSAA.

But it is 1/5 of the schools. The schools are the members of the T$$AA not the students. Pujo is right though, nothing will be done. 2A and 3A will not go for a multiplier. The Div I privates will not go for it. The Div II teams probably wanted the split, and the multiplier does them no good. 4A and 5A could care less, the multiplier will not affect them one way or the other.

GregC...Puhlease quit saying a split or multiplier does not effect 4A and 5A schools! This is not true! :lol:

I`ve seen this same thing posted several times today. It`s obvious that people who post this do not know the full implications of a split or multiplier.

I didn't say it several times today, why jump on me? :justwrestle:

Tell us how it affects you. Oh wait you don't have to answer that, whatever you say it supposed to be accepted without any question, I forgot.

Greg....Didn`t mean to imply that you had posted it several times. I`ve seen it posted by several different posters.

JCM would be moved back to a Memphis region.

Silverpie is probably on top of this more than I but... why not form a class of only small 1-A publics and throw the privates in with everyone else and divide them equally. This might do the same as the multiplier, but focuses the solution directly on what is the problem. To me, the TSSAA paints itself into a corner by trying to make all classes equal in number. The new 1-a may be a different number, but I think the competition would be more fair.

Edited by boyfromsi

JCM would be moved back to a Memphis region.

I'm from Perry Co. About 60 miles from Jackson, and our closest region games now are USJ, JCS, or Trinity( not sure which one is closest). And you know how far it is on from there to Fayette and Middleton. Maybe if there is a multiplier, they will move us back across the river with our natural rivials at least( Wayne Co. Collinwood, etc.)