5A State Championship Devils vs Warriors

DoubleJJ199

Its been over twenty years since the last time a team in West Tennesseee has won the 5A state title. But this years Germantown team is quite impressive but as said they are not near as fast as Riverdale's line. They play smart and I think the seniors will win the game for their team. This game is all about experience. Gtown is going to run the option down the throat of the Warriors defense then bust them with the playaction to the tight end. I live in Germantown and play for their crosstown rival. They are extremely beatable but only with a solid offensive line and smart defensive line. If the warriors tackles dont make piles this game could get away from the warriors early. Gtown backs are impressive as well but so are the Warriors. Cant wait to make the trip to see this one. Its gonna be great. Riverdale has the advantage because of the cold as well. So good luck Warriors and good luck Devils.

BRING IT HOME TO WEST TN DEVILS

F I N A L L Y ! ! ! It's about time someone said that the West can win it all! I've got tired of hearing how Riverdale is going to win and everything and keep the State Championship Trophy in Middle TN. You have to realize that throughout the season, Riverdale played some easy teams. NO one in their area can beat them----that's why they make it to state every year or so. ON the other hand, Germantown has had to do the unthinkable! With a new head coach(Charlie White) and the loss of 28 seniors(which most of them started or played), Germantown has comeback this year and proven to everyone that they want it all!!! They started training 3 days after their loss and said that this year will be the year that they stick their nose in the dirt and strap up to tear down any barriars against them. The senior leadership and talent of some Juniors will help them push them over the top to win state. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.....

ALSO--->I HEARD THAT GHS IS TAKING THE DAG GUM WHOLE SCHOOL SO EXPECT THE CROWD TO PUSH THEM ONCE AGAIN OVER THE TOP LIKE THE CROWD DID LAST WEEK FOR THE DEVILS TO PUT THEM IN THIS POSITION!!!

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

You have to realize that throughout the season, Riverdale played some easy teams. NO one in their area can beat them----

Obviously, you didn't see their game with Lincoln County, which was 12-0 when they played. LC had already beaten Riverdale earlier in the year, so you can't say that "NO one in their area can beat them." Dickson County beat them also...but Germantown won't beat them tomorrow.

That's right, I go to GHS and you better believe we're bringing the whole school!!!! The rest of the town's coming along for the ride too. Did ya'll know that the highest attendance at the Clinic Bowl ever was when G'town played Lincoln County in '92 I think it was. I know Riverdale's good, I really hope our guys can bring it home. I'm just thrilled we've made it this far. Bring it home boys!!!! Go Germantown!!!

Riverdale doesnt play anybody? Middle tennessee football is so much better than football in any other part of the state. Germantown is always good. they always have a great record...but who do THEY play? riverdale plays teams who are contenders every year, in the toughest region in the state (although with seigle being opened, you can see how it hurt the m'boro teams). to say they dont play anybody is a slap in the face...and i dont even like riverdale..i graduated from oakland...their arch rival....

Oh yea no doubt that this game will be good. Middle Easteners tell me and the rest of the westerners who will be a big key in the game for the warriors. For gtwon there are several, Patterson,Dixon,Kasser,and Cole

Gtown's option has always been unstoppable and i dont think that that will change over a one week period. I;m so tired of hearing about them sorry boys from the west who end up playing no one and they get rewarded by going to the playoffs. How can teams within a 20 mile radius not be in the same darn region. Its rediculous. In 5A only 1 team can come from the West. In my mind i think yall know that the middle can hang with the west thats why we are few and far between in the 5A playoffs. Riverdale has been overrated for the last few years and Gtown is fed up of that crap. Prediction Gtown takes Riverdale 21 to 17 Gtown rallies late to comeback and take the small sized warriors who are going to get stomped the same way Lincoln county stomped the offensive line and defensive line the whole game. Let me know what u think. But i know already what will happen. The Trophy will come back to the west and u ######'s will have to come and get back next year. Much love a guy from the west.

This is going to be a great game. Both teams know how to win or they would not be here. The whole state appears to be very evenly matched at the top echelon.

I would love to see a round-robin between Riverdale, Germantown, Oak Ridge, Lincoln County, Franklin, etc...

I know that Cal-preps had the West as being the strongest teams. Germantown is also ranked #1 in all the polls I have seen. Hopefully, Riverdale can pull one more upset.

Defense, Speed, Running game

Both teams have em. I would guess about 17-13 or 20-17, probably decided by who gets the breaks on special teams.

You can feel the tension level rising already.

Welcome to the Germantown team and fans. I hope you have a great time except for having to go home with the "L".

Go Warriors!!!!

helmet.gif

That's right, I go to GHS and you better believe we're bringing the whole school!!!! The rest of the town's coming along for the ride too. Did ya'll know that the highest attendance at the Clinic Bowl ever was when G'town played Lincoln County in '92 I think it was. I know Riverdale's good, I really hope our guys can bring it home. I'm just thrilled we've made it this far. Bring it home boys!!!! Go Germantown!!!

It was 1990.

whoever said that riverdale doesn't play anyone is an idiot. They play teams like smyrna and oakland that are always good. plus they set an offseason schedule with the number one team in the state lincoln co. and also a 9-1 regular season dickson co. Riverdale has already played and beaten teams that are as good if not better than germantown. Not saying this game is already over because germantown is a very very good team, just that you cant say riverdale hasn't played anyone. RIverdale not overrated. Good luck to both teams. class of 04 four times in a row.

Well lets see, LC was believed to be the best team in the State this year, but Riverdale went TO THE PIT and beat them. Doesnt that make them best team in state?

Germantown you guys can bring as many people as you want (hopefully you do have a great turnout) but this is basically a home game for Riverdale. Not only is it closer but Riverdale seems to be playing there every year. Riverdale wins. And this is coming from a Blackman fan. :D