Walter Fisher, Jr of Hillsboro

CoachLogan74

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i agree with what i saw on another thread..looks like fisher may end up at State Penn instaed of Penn State..after he knocked minnich down , he was 'waving bye' and taunting him...what a great role model!..Brandon 'PeeWee' Fanney of Motown west showed much class during the game and was gracious when they lost.. he said 'They just beat us'..no excuses from the RAEL MR FOOTBALL

you must have been watching a different game or just pieces of this one. Mr.pee-pee was the most classless,mouthing thug I have ever seen!

Walter Fisher did not taunt Minnich after laying the smackdown on him.

Fisher was ejected for defending himself after being muged at the sidelines.

If you dont believe me, just watch the film!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by grizzle

you must have been watching a different game or just pieces of this one. Mr.pee-pee was the most classless,mouthing thug I have ever seen!

If you dont believe me, just watch the film!!!!!!!!!!

well first of all, fisher wasnt on the sidelines when he got knocked down, he was on the field..why would someone go over to the sidelines to knock him down??? and yes, he was taunting Minnich after he knocked him out..buy the tape and watch it if you dont believie me..."They Just Beat Us", the words of Brandon 'PeeWee' Fanney...Doesnt sound classless to me..

This kid is terrific. I watched him at the state championship game. I can't decide what was better him waving goodbye to a hurt Mo West quarterback or him hurting his team by getting ejected from the game for throwing a punch. I hope my son can grow up to be just like him.

i agree..seems like i wasnt the only one who saw him 'waiving goodbye' to minnich

I don't know about taunting Minnich, but I saw him taunting and mouthing from the FIRST quarter throughout the game...as did all the folks sitting around me.

As for his defending himself, he should have been defending himself from his coach on the sidelines. I know a bunch of coaches who wouldn't have put up with that crap from one of their players.

And like I said earlier, I just went to the game because I like high school football...and I went to pull for Hillsboro because they are from middle Tennessee. I was not impressed by the poor sportsmanship I witnessed, but then, I don't guess I was surprised either.

I played with Walter Fisher though these things maybe true (i dunno know) what I can tell you is that he is a fierce competitor like the tight end of Miami I can imagine himself calling him a soldier. He loves his team and his teammate and wanted nothing more then to win this game for them and ecspecially for Calvin Bryant.

Though you may have got a bad impression of him he is very deserving of the Mr. Football title and off the field a humble guy believe it or not!!!! I have witnessed it but once he gets out on the field he turns it on and wont be stopped. This fierceness is needed if you wont to make it to the next levels. But I cant say taunting is....

I'm sorry if he offended you but I have seen countless players taunt. You must note he is not the only one. I have seen the players on the sideline and even coaches taunt their opposing team.

To conclude I would like to say that the alleged hit or throw punch was in no way a good thing but all goes back to fierocity on the field.

Agree or Disagree this is my view!

Sounds like you guys are a bunch of jealous cry babies. Walter Fisher has his state championship ring on his middle finger showing it to everyone who has somthing to say about his feirce competitiveness. This kid throws down on the football field and will be succeed at the next level. As for taunting, its part of the game if I'm on the field and I put a hit on somone that nocks their helment off im gonna get hype and taunt the other fans or the players, coaches or somthing. If I make an interception in the back of the endzone I'm gonna get up and make a throat slash gesture. Its football not figure skating. Anytime a player from a metro school does on little thing or gets excited about somthing people want to rant and rave about how hes gonna be in the county jail. Thats ridicilous to say somthing like that, if you dont know him personally dont make comments like that, sorry some people play with emotion and dont take to kindly to somone pushing them down. If someone pused me down I would get up and punch them and so would most males who take pride in them sleves as being a man. All that being said.....congratulations to 4A Mr Football (not Mr figure skater) and show the haters the big gold ring on the middle finger!

NCS03, I take it you are an football player by your talk. Well as a coach let me point out a few things. First of all the taunting has absolutely no place in football. If you make a big hit, game saving tackle, recover a fumble or make an interception then act like it is not your first time ever!! Celebrate with your teammates is how you show emotion. Noonne is saying not to display emotion but the point is to show some class and respect for your opponent. Nothing bothers me more as a coach than a classless player or team that belittles the sport I love and coach. By taunting and being demonstrative a player is trying to focus the attention on themselves and away from the team. If he was a junior then he would have to sit the first game next year for his actions and that could have hurt the team with him not being on the field. Players have to think in terms of what is best for the team not what I can do to stand out. This is the exact reason I watch very little pro football!! I feel the young man made some wrong choices in the game in how to show his emotions. I am not around him enough to know his character and would not begin to call him a thug or anything else.THe problem is ,as I tell my players, when you are on the field you represent your family, community, school, your coaches and most importantly yourself!! People will judge these things by your actions and you are what you allow yourself to be. My two cents worth!!

good post wardawg, I just get a little angry when people judge players and say that they are going to prison because they taunted someone. I think making a judgement on someone like that is 50 times worse than taunting someone on the football field. Some of my post was sarcasim but most of it was out of anger.

This kid throws down on the football field and will be succeed at the next level. As for taunting, its part of the game if I'm on the field and I put a hit on somone that nocks their helment off im gonna get hype and taunt the other fans or the players, coaches or somthing.

NCS03 - You are so wrong. Taunting and trash talking are not a part of football. They are sad evidence of a lack of discipline at home and on the field. Players who do it have no understanding of personal responsibility and integrity. They obviously only care about themselves and have no concern for what they may cost their team. Real men on the football field do their talking with their pads not their mouths. Does NCS in your screen name stand for Nashville Christian School? I sure hope not.