MAKE A LACROSSE FORUM

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought this up two years ago to no avail. Instead of just having a Lacrosse board, I think that a "small sports" board is a good idea. I know that there are a few rugby guys out there, everybody likes to bowl, and I am pretty sure that there are some crew fans or recreational runners out there.

But I've been following lacrosse since its inception in TN and I would personally like to see some sort of board just to help promote growth of the sport.

I brought this up two years ago to no avail. Instead of just having a Lacrosse board, I think that a "small sports" board is a good idea. I know that there are a few rugby guys out there, everybody likes to bowl, and I am pretty sure that there are some crew fans or recreational runners out there.

But I've been following lacrosse since its inception in TN and I would personally like to see some sort of board just to help promote growth of the sport.

When is the season for lacrosse?

It starts in early February and runs till the end of May. I am looking for some links for you right now

Tennessee Scholastic Lacrosse Association This site hasn't been updated in a while but gives a nice league history

McCallie Lacrosse

Coach Kemp does a nice job keeping up with the website. This year Mccallie plays two nationally recognized programs in Episcopal and McDonough

TN Lacrosse

This website is being created by the Coaches down at MUS. It is still under contstruction but I am pretty sure that eventually it will replace the first link.

Laxpower.com This is the best national site, including complete national rankings, state rankings, and recruiting databases.

Uslia WebpageThis is the college club website. The SELC is the SEC club lacrosse league, and there are lots of boys from brentwood, ryan, farragut, mus, cbhs, etc. that play in this league. It is just a club league, but it is extremely organized and the competition is improving. Many of these schools can't field varsity programs due to TITLE IX. The SELC B division player of the year last year was an MBA graduate.

LaxlinksThis is a national site that has links to pretty much any lacrosse related website in the country.

I can help you with any other questions, I stay pretty current with coaches and refs across the state. Lacrosse has already been sanctioned by the Georgia and Florida high school associations. There are several teams in TN that compete on regional and national levels, and MBA, MUS, Webb Bell Buckle, USN, Farragut, and McCallie have all sent players to play Division I lax, including current McCallie Midfielder Clint Brakebill, and former NCAA All-American Kirk Howell.

Edited by Redtwin

Yes bowling is TSSAA but i think the fan following in lacrosse is really growing in tennessee. It is a really good sport to watch and any coverage to get more fans will help. Look at all those sites he gave you. Coach Kemp is a really good coach and keeps everything up to date. I think that having just a small sports forum would be cool also.