CoachT

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Schlappi Ezell-Harding 282 167 2443 28 1

Matt Solima Franklin 255 129 2158 18 0

Michael Fisher MBA 214 137 2104 15 0

Are those stats updated after the clinic bowl? The DII - AAAwebsite list him as:

Michael Fisher - 12 games played - 234 - 147 2302 16 4 164 (comp att yard td int rating)

Also, how many picks did Solima throw?

Indian,

I never once said that Huntingdon could line up and play the first team. You must be some kind of idiot or have comprehension disablities. CoachT yes, I know that there are Huntingdon people on that list, but how many times do you think the AP saw Huntingdon play. They didn't most likely. Huntingdon has several kids on that list and even some left off, that are twice the player some of the people on their second and first teams. They just figued well, we will look at some stats and add some names from Huntingdon because they were state champs. Right before they played, didn't the AP have Lipscomb ranked 4th or so overall in all classes in the state? I think it was something like that.......and Huntingdon beats them 48-14 in the Championship game.....and they still don't get any All State players...once again, like I have said, this is where the politics hit. However, these kids with the awards that didn't deserve them, can sit back and think, the politics didn't win me a gold ball though. Congrats to Rod Smith and Earnest Williams on making the team, two that truly deserved it.

Congratulations to all Huntingdon class 2a State Champ players who were left off this list........once again the politics hit back home in the small town. I know of several of you who weren't on the list who could walk the dog with the first teamers.

If you have several that could walk the dog with the first teamers, your team should be able to beat them. What am I missing?

I know that there are Huntingdon people on that list, but how many times do you think the AP saw Huntingdon play.  They didn't most likely.  Huntingdon has several kids on that list and even some left off, that are twice the player some of the people on their second and first teams.  They just figued well, we will look at some stats and add some names from Huntingdon because they were state champs.  Right before they played, didn't the AP have Lipscomb ranked 4th or so overall in all classes in the state?  I think it was something like that.......and Huntingdon beats them 48-14 in the Championship game.....and they still don't get any All State players...once again, like I have said, this is where the politics hit.  However, these kids with the awards that didn't deserve them, can sit back and think, the politics didn't win me a gold ball though.

1. Explain the "politics" of the voting. Are you implying some sort of "conspiracy theory" against Huntingdon?

2. The AP consists of members of radio, TV, and print media. How many times did "the AP [see] Huntingdon play"? I'd say the media members who cover Huntingdon saw Huntingdon play as much as the Middle or East Tennessee media saw a Lincoln County or Tyner play. Keep in mind that Huntingdon had the benefit of playing to essentially a state-wide audience in a BCBS championship game. I can name about 300 schools that didn't get that opportunity.

3. How many times did you see these players who made the first and second teams play? Which ones did you see?

Good grief, get over it. Ask any player worth his salt and he'll say he'd take a state title over an individual all-state award any day.

Edited by rollredroll

Everybody knows what an outstanding athlete Michael Edmiston from Lincoln County was/is. And he got just recognition.

Lamar Divens was an imposing figure at defensive tackle....and has been duly recognized.

Everyone who played LC or saw them play comes away talking about their TWO monster tackles. The unrecognized one was THEO HORROCKS. I saw them a bunch. I'm not sure Lamar is better than Theo.

I'm puzzled why Lamar Divens go SO MUCH attention and Theo Horrocks go so little recognition. Theo could have started for any team in the state...easily...yet he didn't even make third team all state. Go figure.

Guest region4fan

Congrats to Chris Smith...aka Smitty.....from Oakland. He was #66. To anyone that played Oakland, he will be remembered. Not only was he starting for offense, but he was around every tackle on defense. He even caught an interception.......man was that great watching a 330 pounder run with the football. For a big guy, he played every play with heart and quickness. YOu would never believe that he played the whole game. Hewas as fresh in the 4th as he was in the 1st.He is a great kid, and a smart one too. I am so glad that he was recognized. I do feel that he was more exceptional on the Dline than oline, but we'll take the honor! Great job and great season, Smitty. You WILL be missed!!!!i

How in the world was Chris Payne from Boyd Buchanan even considered for All-State Honorable mention?? He wasn't even eligible to play until like halfway through the season. I'm not questioning his ability, but geez...I agree with whoever said earlier, that the All-State title is VERY VERY watered down. I could name you 550 more prep football players who would be on my Honorable Mention list. Wow....