No advantages-LOL

Guest 4th&goal

do kids get excited about running the ball 50 times a game...will your best skilled athletes get excited about having caught 10 balls a year...most offenses feature one kid at tailback...like Antioch...do the others get excited about watching him run...do go athletes get excited about handing the ball off 50 times.....i think not...

Ask the linemen and running backs which they prefer, the run or pass, shotgunfivewideonsidekickwith21pointlead man.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never got on this board and degraded the work ethic of private schools or questioned a coaches ability. I have made the point that some coaches have been more succesful at private schools than at public schools. There has been no rebutal to that, because there is none, unless you admit they have more advantages at private institutions, whether it be better athletes, better facilities, better parental support, or more support from alumni and administration.

My point is, public's aren't bashing private's, merely stating they have advantages the average similar size public school is lacking. This idea infuriates people like "Wildcatfan". I will never tell my kids they can't compete against someone, and for you to sit in the stands and question my, and my kid's work ethic is obnoxious. Please don't try to sound smart by comparing an organization like the TSSAA to our legislative branch. I have a representative from by congressional district in Congress. I do not however, have a representative from my school, or region, or district on the TSSAA Board. As a matter of fact, 1a nor the private school division has a representative on the Board. The TSSAA is neither a democracy or a republic, get the facts.

In saying all this, private schools will never be convinced that they have any advantages over public schools. Doesn't sound like something they would put on their billboard does it - "Come to #$%^^ , we don't give you any advantages over attending a public school!"

you are right there,as long as they are winning championships in every sport they dont care

It is not stupid, none of the teams you mentioned are in 1A. Im talkin about the schools that are opened zoned in 1A. Thank You. B)

Why does it matter if it has to do with 1A? Do you only care about 1A schools!

Mitchell is AA, Ridgeway was AAA, and Maryville was AAAA.

Only talking about 1A is stupid because there are many schools that will get affected, plus the D2 schools. Your actual post is not stupid, I'm sorry if thats what you thought I was saying.

Im sorry Ego if Ive ruffled your feathers but yes thats all im interested in because my son plays in a region with four of the "non recruting privates". I understand that using a multiplier will only move the problem up. That why i was for the split. I know the privates recruit, I cant prove it, you know the privates recruit but you will not help prove it, Ronnie Carter knows they recruit but he does not care. Because he is following the money. In case VG reads this get a big glass of that fountain of smart.

Im sorry Ego if Ive ruffled your feathers but yes thats all im interested in because my son plays in a region with four of the "non recruting privates". I understand that using a multiplier will only move the problem up. That why i was for the split. I know the privates recruit, I cant prove it, you know the privates recruit but you will not help prove it, Ronnie Carter knows they recruit but he does not care. Because he is following the money. In case VG reads this get a big glass of that fountain of smart.

I tried this last night but couldn't post for some reason...

As for for the open zoned 1a question I have some info. All Marion County Schools are open zoned, so both South Pitt and Whitwell are open zoned. Marion County (2a) is also. In Chattanooga there are several magnet schools that are open zoned but none of them play Football as of yet except Tyner Academy (also 2a).

So within 25 minutes of Chattanooga there are 2 1a and 2 2a open zoned Football schools and another 2 open magnets that play some sports but no Football. I don't know about the rest of the state, but I would guess there are others.

As for the "I know they recruit" I would like to jump on the band wagon! I KNOW there is a Santa Claus. You know there is a Santa Claus. So let's not buy any presents for our kids this year and just let him bring them...what do ya say? DUH!

:lol:

And as for "following the money"...I was laughing so hard I snorted diet Dr. Pepper up my nose...and that burns dang it! What money? Are you implying bribes or that the TSSAA is sponsered by the privates?? Talk about needing a drink from the Fountain of Smart...

Baldcoach AKA waiting for the Claus-man signing off :lol:

Edited by Baldcoach

I know the Memphis city schools recruit and I can't prove that...nor am I asking for changes...what is your point

The Memphis City Schools are open enrollment

I would like to quickly run down some of the schools in Memphis and some of the great high school players.

Melrose-Cedrick Wilson 49ers, Dewayne Robertson UK and the Jets, Ellix Wilson UT, Kindal Moorehead Bama

Hamilton-Paris London Memphis, Shawne Williams Memphis, Will Smith Colorado

White Station-Robert O'Kelley Wake Forest, Dane Bradshaw UT, Jonathan Ball

Ridgeway- Pierre Niles, Jordan Mincy, Michael Rice

All of these kids are great players... many of whom do not live in the district...Michael Rice used to go to White Station, Mincy used to go to Briarcrest, Will Smith lived about 45 minutes from the city of Memphis and went to Hamilton.

These kids are out of zone, and probably talked to a coach before going to the particular school they go to, but I do not complain, nor do I care...

The reason I don't..is because it's not about winning...

(My school is personally affected by some of these individuals btw)