Dead-o-Winter 2004 Region 4-5A Picks

TDCman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

The Oakland team will be comprised of many youngsters.It will take us a few years to get back into fighting form thanks to the hit from opening Siegel. We have some bright spots, but only 5 juniors left to lead as seniors next year. Of course one of them is Stephen Luter , who is very underrated, but well-known to opposing offenses. I hear the kids are working hard in the weightroom this spring. Of course, you know I will never bad-mouth or be against my boys..........but well pickins are slim our way.

Guest Oakland

well long time no see region, how are things goin? to be frank with everybody though this will prolly be a down year for oakland, but they said the same in 2000 with a very similar situation and oakland went 10-3, but i will know more after i see them in the spring

Hey region,

Good to see you back. I'm showing 6 senior returnees for Oakland . Which one of these guys is not really coming back:

Stephen Luter

Kentrell Roper

Deadrick Morris

Matt Smith

B.J. Oliver

Adam Peay

Luter had a great year as a junior so I expect he will be a hoss this fall.

Its great to have a little out of seasaon conversation about football. I really enjoyed the discussions last year and think as anyone on here can agree it makes the experience more fun.

By the way a lot of people were dead wrong about Wolke and his D1 chances including me I expected MTSU etc but for whatever reason his stock soared after the season. I guess recruiters saw what I have seen for 4 years and that is he has the physiacl tools to be a D1 QB.

Region ------ glad to see your honest feeling on Oakland however sometimes a team can take this as a plus and run with it, but as everyone knows usually talent wins.

Football games are being won right now in weight rooms across the state and if any team is not working to get better then that team is in trouble because everyone elese is!

Guest region4fan

Oakland also lost Coach Burke, who was our Defensive Coordinator. I am not sure who is taking up that helm yet, so that could mean some big changes for the Patriots. I have talked to several people about that situation. Folks are hoping that Coach Moose will take over that dept. I heard that when he was at Lebanon in its heyday, that recorded many shut-outs. Of course, I know you have to have the talent to go with it too.

Oakland2001...........are you still in school?? Did we get the transfers you were talking about?

TDC.....is Britton staying put? I know he didn't get the Warren County job.....but heard he was looking to leave. I heard his boy is transferring from Middle to UTC.

Guest Oakland

man thats a shocker i never heard about burke, maybe u can pm me on the details region4fan. personally, i think pippenger would make a better defensive coordinator if you are gonna promote within the ranks.

no i am out of school and working full-time with aspirations of goin back to school in a year or so

My guess is that Britton is just waiting for the right opportunity, as all good coaches should be. I hope he stays for at least a couple more years as he has been a big part of our success.

I wish someone from Blackman or Siegel would post their insights into their teams' prospects. I expect both of those teams to be better this fall.

Guest region4fan

Blackman has a lot of young talent. Their freshmen only lost to the Champs from Smyrna middle when in 8th grade.They had some young kids that startted this year, as well as, the MIMMs kid. I was really impressed with Mimms. That kid is a HOSS!! I wasn't as impressed with Locke, but maybe he will come along.

well well well, I'MMMMM BACK! lol..but no for long. My plus membership ends here in a few weeks, somewhere round the 7th or 12th i think. So here is what i've got. Daryal Smith will be a great QB at oakland. He has played a little bit in the past 2years, and i know he can be great. He has a pretty good arm, and is quick as a cat, can change directions on a dime...he is a great athlete..They also have Kentrell Roper comming back, who should be pretty good as well. He's pretty quick, but will not hesitate to Lower his shoulder and run you over...I'm not sure on the others, b/c i havent been by oakland all year, and havent talk to the coaches, seen the players, etc. But i do know for sure that Coach Burke is taking the year off. He is still teaching at oakland, but i suppose he needed a break from coaching. As for the defensive coordinator, i'm almost positive that Coach Moose will be handling that dept. I know he he is, then they should be fine on defense. He is just as good a defensive coach as Burke, so he will have a solid defense planned, and scheme as good as any coach in the state. Well, thats all i got....later dudes.....