Dead-o-Winter 2004 Region 4-5A Picks

TDCman

Guest region4fan

Hey Oakland......you bet I like PJ already!! And you are exactly right about why!! Anybody that shows Wolke the grass real close and personal is on my FAVORITES list!

I am also anxious to see what Marty does with Smith. I was never an Ebal fan myself, as you know. Smith is tough. I hope he is knocking himself out in the weightroom.

Did Carlos or Smitty get a scholarship? I had heard that Carlos hasn't scored high enough on the ACT to be considered, but I thought Smitty would be a definite somewhere. Maybe he can get Buford's at Middle since it looks like Buford didn't get the 100 lbs off.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

daryl is just so much better of a qb in every aspect. elusive runner, good arm, doesnt make rash decisons and when its all said and done i think he will be the best oakland qb euverard has had. not sure about carlos or smitty as far as colleges go, but i do expect smitty to go d-1 somewhere down the road whether it be mtsu or somewhere else.

btw, are there any word on how the other programs(lebanon,blackman,siegel,wilson central,lavergne) are gonna look comes this spring/fall?

Not much to add but it is greart to be talking about football!

The Smith kid impressed me last year. He went into the Smyrna game and you could see he wasn't intimidated at all. I will say Carlos sure made it a lot easier on whoever played QB as a matter of fact the way he ran I could have handed it to him!

We will definetly miss Wolke love him or hate him on or off he forced defense to play the pass and that helped the run even when we didn't throw.

I said it the beginning of last year(you can go back and check it) Marsalous Johnson is the real deal on both sides of the ball. He has gained more muscle and is still one of the fastest players in the state. If he stays healthy and Orona keeps his head on straight ( he is one of the most elusive players I have ever seen) I really like our chances and especially our team attitude and chemistry.

Region I like your comparision between Smyrna and UT after Manning we are similar the pressure is off no one expects us to do much this year and I believe the players want to prove they can win.

Guest region4fan

Cat, I really think this is going to be Smyrna's year in our region. I think they will surprise some folk. I was totally impressed with Johnson. He is a heck of a back. I pray that he works out hard cause he will be on every team"s target list. I certainly would not want him to get hurt. I have got to find a new target myself on Smyrna's team. You know someone to get a rise out of you when I attack them ....now that Wolke is gone. HAHAHA!!!!

I really like Smith at QB. If we had had him the whole game against Smyrna...welll I think the result would have been different. But I salute Smyrna for their new attitude and the win.

I don't know about you guys , but I am ready to see some spring scrimmages....even if Oakland has a long way to go to be ready. We are going out later this year and I am glad. I about froze my buttocks off last spring!!

BTW, I thought Orona was moving back to Texas???

Edited by region4fan

He's here to stay and will be a differnce maker this year.

Some of the younger players we have are very talented but have some real attitudes so you may want to look there because the upperclassmen are pretty much hard workers that want to win and don't say much.

I know one soon to be junior pretty well that has put on about 10 pounds of bulk by hitting the weights very hard, he hopes to play at about 200 to 205 next season

and has actually improved his quickness. It shows you work hard it will pay off.

Thats what will make marsalous talented he is the rare gifted one that puts in the work it is usually the less gifted that work hardest just to play.

Guest region4fan

Hey Cat, I was hearing about one of your freshmen. I cannot remeber the name but seems like it is Hanley?? I heard he couldknock the snot of out anyone, but has a major attitude. Seems like he is a Linebacker?? I heard he was on the Middle School team, but didn't finish the season because of grades? Maybe he will be my "one!" HA....!!! I hope that the one that gained 10 lbs is the one real special to you. I will be watching out for him. I know he will do well with you in his corner. How's that Grandbaby??

welp, here i am again, after my small time off again. However, this may be my last post on here this off season, because i am running out of coacht time, and have a whopping $1.60 in my checking account. so, therefore, i can not renew my membership. So, i will leave you with this...Oakland has some great coaches, but, i dont know if they are great enough turn this squad into something of a contender. maybe in 2 years, but, next year is definately a rebuilding year. I hope they do well, but, i just dont know.

Region...school is going well. However, this summer i am joining the Army. I havent decided if i am goin Reserves or Active yet...but as of now i am 95% sure i'll be headed to basic this summer. I would like to stay in school, but, i dunno, sometimes...sometimes i dont want to...I think what i am going to do is join the reserves...go to basic this summer, go to school next year, go through my AIT (advanced individual training), then school again, then active duty...so, thats where that is. anyway, if you ever wanna drop me a line, my email is JDP3P@MTSU.EDU

Guest region4fan

Now that I got that wish, Oakland, can I get some more too??? Like about 25 transfers from Riverdale, or about 15 from GA that are upperclassmen?? I am not greedy.......I would even settle for 10 from each!! AJ.......do you have any brothers? Are there any more Crawfords? I know there is a baby Smitty in Junior high ???

Guest Oakland

i think oakland already has a baby smitty: terrence mcfadden, 6-3 310 lbs. but instead i want mimms and locke from blackman, and johnson and orona from smyrna, i would be satisified with just those 4 :D

Hey, you guys stay away from our players... :D

Have you heard anymore about the QB transfer from Alabama? Is he in school? Any info?

What about spring practice dates....

Riverdale has several football players that are still playing basketball. It's great to have players that are athletic enough to play basketball but you would also like to have those guys in the weightroom right now. Dave Thomas's little brother is a pretty good guard on the freshman basketball team. He also looked good in the freshman football game I saw him play against Blackman last year. I expect he will contribute this fall along with 4-5 others from the freshman team.

Riverdale was pretty small last year and got pushed around in some games. Hopefully, they will have a great off-season and grow up a bunch.

Share any news you guys pick up...

Guest Oakland

it wasnt me tdc, it was all region's wishing honest :) . i am still awaiting confirmation that the guy is one team, he is enrolled now at oakland though. oakland is waiting just a lil bit longer this year for spring ball, they dont start till may this year