Dead-o-Winter 2004 Region 4-5A Picks

TDCman

Wouldn't make much sense to have spring practice without those guys. Besides, with all the fields around here being bermuda you just about have to wait later for spring practice.

Riverdale held their first off-season weight test on Feb 9th. They had 102 kids lift. Results were encouraging but not spectacular. It will be interesting to see how much improvement thay have made later in the spring. Results are on the web site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

I don't know anything about this transfer. Where is Oakland2001??? He is the man with the answers.

I am hearing that Spring Practice is in May this year. I think it is the first week? I have been a little out of the loop lately. Too many Honey Do's around here to please my taste. What happened to the good old days when a man can sit on the coach, watch the ballgame, eat peanuts, and leave hulls all over the floor with out being bothered???

Guest Oakland

honestly, i have no clue at this point whether this guy is even at oakland or not, this info about him has been relayed to me secondhand and havent heard anything as of late, so region we may just have to wait till april to see if he really exists or not!@ :P

I'm hoping I can catch some scrimmages in the spring to see how some of the teams look. HS football is so unpredictable because the kids mature so much in just a few months. There are always some kids that just appear out of nowhere to seize important roles.

Do the local teams ever scrimmage each other in the spring?

Guest region4fan

Actually I do not think they are allowed to since they are all in the same region. Seems like there is some kind of rule that says that you cannot scrimmage anyone on your schedule.

Region what about the oakland coach in the news? Was he a major contributor to the program? Will his absence be a factor or was he a contributor the program?

The atmosphere in the Smyrna weight room is better than I have ever seen it. This group are very close to each other and work harder independently than any group I've personally witnessed. Their doesn't appear to be the distractions we had last year and I think they realize they will have to win with a group effort.

Watching some track practice a couple weeks ago and we have a couple of sophmores that can run with marsalous pretty close so it looks like we will be faster at some key positions than I thought.

Can't wait till spring practice to get a good look at some young players in battle and see how they hold up.

Guest Oakland

coach harris played a very minute role in the oakland football program so his presence wont be missed, he served as a assistant on freshmen football team.

Guest region4fan

Never fear Oakland fans............even though we have lost Coach Euverard to Jeff county, Lebron Ferguson has already been named as his replacement at Oakland. I am very sad to see Marty go, but happy to see Ferg get his chance to shine. I hope to see Marty again int Blue Cross Bowl.............playing us!! Good luck, Coach!

Cat, Harris was new to the school. He was only an assistant to the freshman team. So, as Oakland 2001 told you, no loss to our program, but a tragedy just the same.