Dead-o-Winter 2004 Region 4-5A Picks

TDCman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have everyone back.

Please clue us in on spring schedules, scrimmages, transfers in and transfers out, etc...

After a somewhat down year last fall for 4-5A, I think we are headed for a extremely exciting year this year. Lots of talented skill people in the region...

Again, welcome back all...

Guest Oakland

there were rumors of him leaving, but i think he realized the talent that he has coming up and decided to stay. or at least i think hes gonna stay :D

Guest region4fan

Slim............................oh Slim.........................................Oh Slim. WHERE are you! You promised the goods on the Alsup story!!!! We are patiently waiting!!

I think that Wilson Central will be more of a threat this year. Last years victories have put a taste of blood in their mouths. Not too mention that they have had some good freshman squads of late. Coach Alexander knows what he is doing over there.

I couldn't agree more!! I think they could be the 4th place playoff team this year. (If they can beat Lebanon!)

I will be interested to see how Smyrna's young skill players handle their first contact in the spring. This could be the year for Smyrna due to:(all positives here I know we have some questions as all teams do but for this post I am focusing on what I see as positives

1.Plenty of speed and experience at skill positions.

2.They will continue with running the ball more with the veer as they did the last part of the year even with Wolke at QB. This is what Shadowens is more comfrotable with.

3.If Orona plays QB he will put pressure on defenses with his ellusive ability to make tacklers miss and his speed.His presence returning kick offs and punts will be a huge plus (ask Lincoln County about his ellusiveness)

4.Best bunch of workers I have seen and seem to be a very close group.

Team Chemistry is something that helps in tough games and this group has it.

5.By far the strongest team that Smyrna has had overall

6.Defense will be much better and returns a lot of players with experience. Last year we depended on the offense to much this year the defense will be able to win games.

7. The schedule we played last yr was the best thing that could have happened. This group has been in the trenches with the best teams around and was in position to win them all. Didn't get it done last year but now knows what it takes

8.This team reminds me of the Tennessee team the year after Peyton Manning without him no one expected much from them and I don't believe anyone thinks Smyrna will will be any good without Wolke. I think this team wants to prove they belong.

9.Marsalous Johnson**** the most under rated player in the state for what he does

This kid has worked his tail off to get even better and the results show for a kid around 170lbs

B/P 287

SQUAT 407 (with a beeper no cheating!)

and he is even faster than last year.

Its early we all are undefeated so go ahead the rest of you region folks give me your best optimistic opinions on your team. I will throw out some concerns on Smyrna later.

Someday before I die Smyrna will beat Riverdale however I am not getting any younger so I hope they have a sense of urgency about it :)