best dunk all year

MHSwarriors

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the dunk that stands in my mind might not be as good as a dunk as the previous ones but i remember a great dramatic play of a dunk in a game last year when dyersburg came to halls last year.one of dyersburgs players had an open break away for an easy dunk when he attempted a windmill dunk with the left hand and the ball richichet off of the rim so hard and high the ball went the lenth of the court and vincent dewalt caught the ball in stride after a bounce and two hand dunked it.that was one weird play.even the dyersburg side loved that one from memory.

I know this dunk didn't happen in Tennessee, but when we were in Daytona for our Christmas tournament a kid that is 6'8" from Salem H.S. in Va. dunked on a kid from Ballard H.S. in the championship game that was 6'6". He got up so high and threw it right down on the kid and knocked the Ballard kid over and made him fall. This was not your ordinary dunk on someone dunk. This was thrown down so hard on the kid it knocked him over, and he was a pretty big kid. Everyone went crazy and it was so loud. But to top it off when Ballard threw the ball in Salem's point gaurd stole it at half court and threw it back up to the 6'8" kid and then he did a 360 and slammed it down hard. The gym errupted. He is also on his way to play basketball at Tulane.

Even though I was the opposing coach, the best one that I have seen in a long time was by Rico Rawlings of Waverly. He was trailing on the break and threw one down from a pass off of the glass. It was too good to describe. Rico has a chance to be a great player if he continues to improve as much as he has since last year.

The best dunk I've seen was two when Jamont Gordon was playing Whites Creek and it was three secs. left in the game and Justin Jarrett(Whites Creek) threw in bounds Jamont steals it and thens dunks on Justin Jarrett and they won by 12 and the second is when Leroy Bluing caught it off the rim twice in a row.