UT Basketball a Joke

2Hot4U

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think this is so hilarious! We lose one game @ maybe the hardest place to play after Cameron Indoor and everyone shows their ignorance. Thanks for the good laugh!!

I am friends with a few SEC refs and they all say the same thing. UT will surprise some people this year. Wonder if Georgia was surprised to the tune of 24? DUH!!

UT will be just fine. We will all realize that Vandy is not as good as everyone thinks they are right now.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY could have beaten Florida today in that atmosphere!! Buzz has a couple recruits that did not play well today. Not everyone has to score well to be a good player. Everybody has their roles.

Buzz could take steps to get to the "next level" (KY, FLA, NC, DUKE, etc.)by getting some of the players aforementioned. Buzz can and should be at UT as long as he wants to. I sure hope so.

I can't wait to go to some of their games this year.

"TN Mr. Basketball Dane Bradshaw" WesVols, if you're going to call us Fools atleast make statements that are correct. Dane Bradshaw was not TN Mr. Basketball for AAA Lee Humphrey took that honor!! Also Humphrey was better in todays game in every single aspect, every single aspect of the game. He was also in the game 5 minutes less than Dane! You want to know exactly how much better Lee Humphrey did today...lets go to the stat board....

Rebounds: Lee 3, Dane 1

Assists: Lee 4, Dane 0

Turnovers: Lee 0, Dane 3

Steals: Lee 1, Dane 0

Minutes: Lee 11, Dane 16

Yes, Lee is better at every aspect of the game, but he's still not the better college call player!? Well I decided to also look at the possibility of you saying that I can't just narrow it down to one game...

Games played: Lee 8, Dane 11

FG Percentage: Lee 64.3, Dane 50

3 FG %: Lee 60, Dane 28.6

FT %: Lee 100, Dane 63.6

Rebounds: Lee 9, Dane 32

Personal Fouls: Lee 2, Dane 23

Assists: Lee 6, Dane 21

Turnovers: Lee 6, Dane 21

Blocks: Lee 0, Dane 2

Steals: Lee 2, Dane 9

Points Avg: Lee 3.5, Dane 4.3

Minute Avg: Lee 10.5, Dane 15.1

There we have it. Those are the season stats for the two. Lee has the highest FT, and 3PT FG average on the team. Granted that is a weighted statistic, but nonetheless impressive. He is second in FG percentage. In fact, Lee has a better shooting percentage than anyone on UT's team, in every category! Now the way I see it is that Florida has played a tougher schedule BY FAR and Lee has never really been called on to contribute, just to log minutes if anything. Dane on the other hand is a direct back up of CJ Watson, he plays in most every game and is a major contributer. Atleast hes supposed to be a major contributer, but I don't see it. In an environment where he can play more I think that Lee would have better stats than Dane in every category except rebounding. Now rebounding is good, but Dane is a point guard, on offense they should be defending the outlet pass, not boxing out. On defense rebounds are just fine, thats where Dane gets most of his, but when you consider when Lee is in the game and how much the oppoent is down by, its not worth rebounding.

Some of you are saying that its hard to get players in Tennessee to come play at Tennessee, I disagree. It was Lee Humphrey's dream to come play at Tennessee, its been his dream since he was a toddler, he was denied the dream. Players like McFagdon got his scholarship, well McFagdon is the SEC leading scorer...against who? Ohh yea, and have you looked at his shooting percentage? 42 percent, not bad but its only average. In fact the reason he seems to be scoring so much is he is fouled so much which is another good thing. Sure he's a good player, but really I think he stats are weighted, look who he's scored against...UMASS, UT Martin, etc. Gerald Fitch shoots 46 percent, 17.6 per game, and he is actually playing against real Division 1 competition. Tennessee can be good, but seems to me they are choosing the wrong players. They have 2 Freshmen guards, one is Dane, the other is from Alabama. Lee was ranked the 45th best prospect in 2003, the schools on his list were.... Florida, Stanford, Marquette, North Carolina State, South Carolina and Georgia Tech all of which are better than Tennessee. You can't let a guy like that slip out on you, especially for a guy like Jordan Howell. Howell hasn't logged a minute this yea, I assume he is being redshirted?. Will he be better than Lee? Doubt it!

Thing is, Lee will play wherever you ask him, if u want him to play post, he'll play his heart out, thats what UT needs. Someone that will play with some heart and wants to win for his team, they lost that when they let Lee Humphrey go.

Buzz is either a bad coach or a bad recruiter, because he hasn't done anything to UT, this year he hasn't lost many games, but he's not played anyone competitive either. If I recall they were darn close to losing to the likes of teams like Tennessee Tech, etc. PITIFUL!

Also, if you want UT to play like a good basketball team you might want to support them. Kentucky high school basketball packs in 24,000 people for a state championship game at Rupp, how many people come to UT's college games? Ohh..an average of a whole 11,000 people...that includes away games! Kentucky packs in 25,000 on average that is including neutral games. Kentucky has had 100,000 more fans come to games than Tennesse, and thats with one less game! Kentucky could play a High school team and have more people show up than a UT game against Florida. Thats pitiful. Now you might say that, "Well Kentucky doesn't support in football and they stink at that, so why don't u preach to them!?" Well that statement would be entirely wrong, Kentucky has been in the top 25 in the nation in attendance in Football for about a decade. Thats pretty good for a team with a losing record.

I agree with the first post, and I think the rest of the SEC does too...UT and Basketball--what a joke! :unsure:

Thanks for correcting me on the Mr. Basketball info...I'll keep it in my post, though, so that your correction still makes sense.

As to your other comments, I have only one response:

It's only been 11 games. They're both freshmen. Statistics hold VERY little weight this early in their respective careers.

I want Lee Humphrey to succeed almost as much as anyone...he's an acquaintance whom I've enjoyed following through the past couple years, and I sincerely wish him the best at Florida. My argument is not between Dane and Lee; I was merely supporting Dane and Tennessee basketball as a whole.

Coachmax....AMEN! Just wait, folks. It's gonna be fun to watch!

I have a couple of comments to add to the fray. First didn't Tennessee go to Florida and win last year, under Buzz Peterson's leadership. Regarding the Wilbourne release: Isn't discipline more important than winning? Concerning Jerry Green: Who did he ever play, and beat in his pre-sec schedule? Also Jerry Green had nothing but a bunch of punks that were talented enough, but too selfish to win the national title. A good coach gets players to buy into the system and I'm pretty sure Buzz's players have done that because it is evident in the way they play. As stated earlier, not one senior on the team. Go Vols and look out SEC this and next year.

Half of you on here bashing are not Tennessee fans anyway so your opinion really doesn't matter.

Dear Maryville

From your posts it sounds like you're Lee Humphrey's mother. It certainly shows your bitterness toward UT because they passed on Lee.

Players like McFagdon got his scholarship, well McFagdon is the SEC leading scorer...against who? Ohh yea, and have you looked at his shooting percentage? 42 percent, not bad but its only average. In fact the reason he seems to be scoring so much is he is fouled so much which is another good thing. Sure he's a good player, but really I think he stats are weighted, look who he's scored against...UMASS, UT Martin, etc. Gerald Fitch shoots 46 percent, 17.6 per game, and he is actually playing against real Division 1 competition. Tennessee can be good, but seems to me they are choosing the wrong players.

They're choosing the wrong players???

Scooter is the leading scorer in the S.E.C. am I not correct? Where do all of the other S.E.C. players scoring averages come from? From their preseason schedule which is very similar to UT's. Since he is the leading scorer in the S.E.C., where do you get off saying that UT has NO OUTSIDE SCORING THREAT? His 90%+ free throw percentage leads the nation and is an indication of his shooting ability and hard work. Not only is he a GREAT kid, but he was Gatorade Player of the Year in Tennessee, All-State 1st Team, Parade All American, and ranked in the top 60 seniors in the nation in 2001. Don't try to improve Lee Humphrey's credibility as a player by knocking Scooter McFadgon!!! By the way, he had the highest GPA on the team first semester.

As for Lee and Dane debate, I think Lee will work harder than most anyone, he has the heart and the work ethic. I also believe that Lee will come out of school with a high GPA, as in around 4.0. Not many basketball players can brag that they are good, and smart.

NO ONE ever works harder than Dane Bradshaw! He has achieved everything he has by hard work! No one that has ever met this kid could possibly question his work ethic! Several of your stats indicate Dane's ability such as his assists, rebounds, steals, etc. No one thought this kid would make it at UT, much less contribute the way he has as a freshman. HIS heart is huge! By the way, he is also an honor student and a model citizen...seems to me the kind of player any coach would be proud to have. And, his list of high school honors is as long as your arm.

Lee Humphrey is a good player that plays for a GREAT program at Florida. Pull for the Gators and quit bashing the Vols because he didn't go there.