UT Basketball a Joke

2Hot4U

Just finished watchinhg the UT - Florida game, wher UT got destroyed. The way this relates to high school basketball is the following - Buzz Peterson and his staff have no clue in evaluating talent and especially in the state of Tennessee. Lee Humphrey was the best player on the court today from Tennessee - yes that includes 1) Dane Bradshaw, active - yes, but no where near the ability to score, 2) Scooter McFadgon - much more atchletic, but not pure, and most defintely better than 3) Boomer "I am the worst recruit ever for UT Basketball" Heredon. It is absolutely shameful that Buzz Peterson wasted a scholarship on him. He should have stayed in Nashville and play for Trevecca Nazarene University.

Buzz and glorious staff are terrible. They have zero clue in recruiiting. I am sure that they will let other local talent get away, like teh Brewer kid from Portland. I guess he too, like Lee Humphrey, can't defend or score in the SEC. Well guess what UT, "The ALmight Volunteers", and "I am so great looking Buzz Peterson" - nobdy on your team can do it either.

I hope the pain continues until the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE realizes that there are good SEC Athletes in their backyard and they don't have to go all over the country to find medicore talent.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost forgot - put all your eggs in the Smith's kid basket from Giles County. Saw him play at the Arby's Classic - if he doesn't play with any more enthusiam or play fundamentally sound defense or develop a pure jump shot - he will be the biggest bust ever in our state.

My guess though - Buzz will screw it up. I am sure that Charlie Benson will have to get him to come, b/c BUzz couldn't do it on his own.

Did you think that maybe some of hte Talent in Tennessee would wanna go out of state. If ya asked me where I would wanna go if I had talent, I prob wouldn't pick Tennessee, atleast not for B-Ball. And thats not because of Buzz, he has turn around the program from a team that got in fights with each other to a team that knows how to work with each other. I think he has done a great job and you just need to get over it because he lost to Florida today.

Forget about it. UT, has never had a basketball program.....and they never will.

In the state this year....

1) Vanderbilt

2) Memphis

3) ETSU

4) Tennessee

ok vanderbilt, yes.

memphis, maybe,

but etsu? heck no. ur dreamin.

and back b4 that famed meltdown of tennessee basketball we were 16-1 and #4 in the nation.... course we all know how that turned out. but 4 20-win seasons have in a row have to count for soemthing.+

i am by no means a basketball expert and i know very little about UT basketball nor do i care.but i did see boomer(weaker than water) herndon in his senior season. and the fact that buzz recruited this guy,who really wasnt even all that good in 1a basketball tells me three things

1)buzz is a moron

2)ut basketball is going to be horrible

3)2hot4u was exactly right when he said boomer is the worst recruit in ut history

florida really isnt even all that good with exception of 2 players. but did you not see this slaughter coming?

Boomer "I am the worst recruit ever for UT Basketball" Heredon. It is absolutely shameful that Buzz Peterson wasted a scholarship on him.

Boomer is a good player. He doesn't score points so you don't hear much about him. In the Georgia game he had some key defensive plays. He is there for his defense, not his scoring ability.