UT Basketball a Joke

2Hot4U

I've been saying it all long, UT hasn't played anyone this year that's why they were getting so much hype. SEC play is when we will really see what the VOLS are all about.

Now some one mention that UT had 4 straight 20 win season and that's when my boy, Jerry Green was the coach. In my opinion, UT let a good coach go to the waste side. Yes, he had some problems with his players but don't all coaches do? Come on now, I missed Jerry ball! I miss going to the NCAA's. I miss going to the games watching out boys score with ease and beat FLA,KY, and UGA. I missed a lot of things.

I say bring back Jerry and watch our program grow. Buzz, has had like 2 or 3 under .500 seasons and still he got a pay raise? What's up with that? Come on, why give the man a raise?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey MaryvilleRebels...Nice of ya to take the time to write a novel on coacht.... :) ...Anyways UT Just lost one game and everyone gets on here and all the sudden starts talking negative......By the way ill gurantee ya Jordan Howell will light Lee Humphree's up.....Also UT just got done beating a good Georiga team who just got done beating GT#3 team in the nation at the time...So that shows ya UT has talent....Everyone has a bad game every now an then.....So dont get on here an count UT out....And dont think your the basketball GURU.....Buzz Peterson is a dandy coach an one of the best recruiters UT has had in awhile....Its Early in the SEC season and UT is young..Let them get going an ill say UT upsets UK or UF this year......UT will end up 3rd in the SEC eastern divison......Dane Bradsaw will come on in a game or to..he will outdo ole Flee Humphrey....Just watch an see......UT is 8-2 and playing well...i agree they got Crushed today but know that no team plays perfect....You will be surprise when UT upsets someone and Does well in the SEC East......

Edited by booboodafoo12

I will hold you to that guarantee, and if you think that UT will beat UK this year I think you are sadly mistaken. Kentucky has played one of the toughest schedules in the nation and they have lost a grand total of one game. Georgia beat Geogia Tech, but since then they've lost to the likes of USC and Tennessee, they were lucky that they upset GT, because they were stomped by mediocre USC and UT. UT has no scoring threat, they can't contend, they don't play good enough defense to make up for not having a scoring threat. Sorry, but I just don't see it. They might get into the NCAA tournament because they will have a winning record due to their soft out of conference play. UT will also not be 3rd int he conference, in the east. It will be Kentucky, Florida, Vandy, and UT (maybe). In the SEC overall MSU will probably be atleast 3rd or 4th. I only see Florida and maybe (slim chance) Vandy beating UK in the SEC this year, but really I don't think anyone beats Kentucky, I think they mainly beat themselves by going on dry spells.

As for Lee and Dane debate, I think Lee will work harder than most anyone, he has the heart and the work ethic. I also believe that Lee will come out of school with a high GPA, as in around 4.0. Not many basketball players can brag that they are good, and smart.

When you get drilled by 30+, you know that you got problems. I thought we had a chance to be a top 25 team until today. I think the problem goes beyond recruiting. It goes right down to coaching and motivating your players. We have decent players (although we should have lee humphrey). Scooter and CJ in the Backfield and Crump down low, we should have atleast kept it with in 15 today vs Florida. If only Elgrace Wilbourne hadn't got thrown off the team. Then we would be much better.

It's kind of hard to get guys to go to UT since they haven't had a great program the last few years. I went to a UT camp this summer, and trust I'm nothing close to a college recruit, but Peterson and his staff know their stuff. Give them another year or two and this program could be scary good.

which camp did you go to? i was at one of them but i dont remember the dates, it was late june though. ive been the past four years.

Guys we all shouldn't be either too hard or to praiseful of Buzz just yet. It takes time to build a program, especially this one because of the way Green let discipline deteriorate. But the recruitement of Boomer wasn't a very good one. Yeah he made a few good defensive plays in one game this season, but he will probably never warrant the scholarship given to him. But you sometimes got to take a chance on a kid, especially at 7 foot. I've seen Cory Brewer play all 4 years in highschool and I will say that it was crazy for letting him get out of here. Right now he is just playing on talent alone, but once he fills into his frame he will be a monster. He right now is a better player than Marcus Haislip was and both were really skinny soft bigmen but once Haislip hit the weights he improved more than anyone could imagine. From the players I've seen this year, he can NOT let Tyler Smith of Giles Co. and Brandon Wright of Brentwood Academy go to any other school. Those two are both really talented players, but also if those kids won't come then no other quality recruit will come. You have got to be strong instate when it comes to players. What makes you think that if you can't get the guys in your own backyard that your gonna get anyone else's. Maybe he does have a hard time seeing that we do have talent here, I don't really know, but without your own state talent you'll never make it. I will say that he has straightened out the team as far as discipline. But I have seen a lot of coaches that have good discipline not succeed. But oh well, time will tell. Its just too soon now to say either way.

9-2 and haven't played anyone....they won't win 7 conference games, they will lose in the first round of the SEC tournament and play in the NIT if they are lucky...when will they learn at UT that you can't play the Wofford's and Tennessee Tech's and get better. Before today, the only team who they had played was Nebraska, the Big 12 version of Tennessee, and got handled easily. To be the best, you have to play the best..........

9-2 and haven't played anyone....they won't win 7 conference games, they will lose in the first round of the SEC tournament and play in the NIT if they are lucky...when will they learn at UT that you can't play the Wofford's and Tennessee Tech's and get better. Before today, the only team who they had played was Nebraska, the Big 12 version of Tennessee, and got handled easily. To be the best, you have to play the best..........

heavyd...They trounced a pretty good Georgia{SEC team by the way} team by 24 the other day. They have a long way to go but I think they will get further than the 1st round of the SEC tourney.