Gordonsville@Westmoreland

Catalyst

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say it was a heck of a game. westmorland did very good, better than i thought. everyone said that yall where good and were gonna win. well you are good but you didnt win, but i am sure we will see yall again in the regions. good game to all. and as it was said john is very good but you cant just plan on stopping him because well you saw what happened.

Great game played by both teams!! Crowd support for both teams was intense!! I esp. liked the sign Westmoreland had about the AP polls being a joke...........I guess the joke is on ya'll!! :)

In all seriousness though, ya'll said you had a good team, and you do, no doubt about it. It was close from the first minutes to the last. Both Bonner and Custer played very well. But now you've seen what we have, so don't go saying that we don't have anything anymore cause you know now.............it's not just John you have to stop..........it's the whole team cause someone is going to step up.

Great game tonight Groomy!!

Kyle, I told you that I would have something to say on here when ya'll won :) !!

Always John's #1 fan!

you guys played a great game. no doubt about that however i thought that one ref made a few questionable calls and one really bad no call at the end of the game. with 1.8 seconds left a gville player ran over two of our guys trying to get open and nothing was called.but like i said before on the other post im not making excuses we gave yall all you wanted.

and setter the ap poll is a joke we realize we arent near as good as some teams in the state and we played you to a 3 point game. yes i know you own by 6 but that was after the technical and all that unnecesary crap but seriously if westmoreland and gordonsville are the best teams in the state, they should just start calling 1a basketball "the church league".in years past ive seen much better teams in 1a.

im not sure what #21 did but that ref deserves whats coming to him.he's as bad as ive ever seen. im not just saying this cause we lost he called it poorly both ways just called some at worse times for us than he did yall.

Uncle Stimpy,No reply yet?

I've given my opinion of the game. I'm waiting to hear all the complaining from the Westmoreland kids about the refereeing.

But if you want a reply, Muffin, here it is:

I've said on this website before that Gordonsville is probably not the best 1A team in the state, but their current record commands respect. They have had two very close games in the last week and were able to overcome any shortcomings they had in those games to walk away winners. To me that says a lot about the character of the team, the coach, and apparently the voters of the AP poll seem to think these boys have something good going. I'm proud of these kids for what they have accomplished, not only this year but for the job they have done in the last few years, building the program to where it is now

That being said, the AP poll is a joke. Not only on the HS level, but on the college level as well. The only thing that matters, in the big picture is who is left standing in Murfreesboro at the end of the year. Polls and performance ratings don't mean squat right now. The only thing that should matter right now to the Tigers is that they put themselves in a pretty good position for the top seed in the District tournament with the win last night.

The last thing I want to say about this whole deal is this. I propose that CoachT starts another category for forums called "EATING CROW". This would be for the fans that get on this website, spout off, talk trash, and badmouth other teams leading up to games, then when their team loses you never hear from them again. This forum would allow these people the opportunity to post on it, say they were wrong, and be done with it. I've bee guilty of making bad predictions on here, and have been wrong on many occasions. I try to acknowledge the errors of my predictions following the game and take my medicine. It just ticks me off that all the trashtalkers seem to disappear at their convenience.

"And that's all I've got to say about that." - Forrest Gump

Well I can't believe that a Westmoreland player would touch a referee! I guess they just showed their true colors tonight! lol. Isn't that what you said about Macon? Where was the Westmoreland Administration when this was going on? I believe the player in question is the principle's son!

yes he is the principles son and he's been one of my best friends for many years as has been there entire family. and im sure something will be done. the administration was standing right beside me.taylor.i didnt see it but i doubt it is what its been made out to be. hes a bit of a hot head but hes not as ignant (that was for you swanson) as those macon co. people.

uncle stimpy i know catalyst hasnt had acces to a computer since the game was over he had something to do after the game and is probably just now waking up.

as for contact2004........?