CYCLONES LOSE! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE!

ucsparky20

sparky, guess you were right. about the only one I heard predict the lady warriors over the lady cyclones. even myself didn't give the lady warriors much of a chance. they did a great job of coming back in the 3rd and 4th quarter to get the victory. the lady cyclones didn't look like they wanted to be there. guess the annoucement of a two hour delay made them forget about the game. ms. do it all baughman was a no show. someone told me she need just a few points to reach 1000. if she continues to play like she did tonight might take a few more games to get it. bottom line was it looked like the lady warriors just wanted it a little more than the cyclones. a good effort by the lady warriors even if the first half was not a good game of basketball. the lady cyclones just couldn't find an answer for williams on the inside. want to know coachh17 remarks about the loss. wonder why the lady cyclones don't do anymore trapping or pressing. unicoi will not have any trouble with the lady cyclones if they play them the way they played hv. congrats lady warriors. hope this win drives you in the right direction.

good points warrior. Elizabethton did have a double digit lead in the second half and I guess expected HV to lay down, which of course they didnt. HV played the fourth quarter like they were the team leading the conference, out scoring EHS 23-7. They clearly had more confidence than the Cyclones down the stretch. They also shot 34 foul shots to EHS's 8. EHS shot poorly from the field and really did not adjust to HVs zone defense. Godsey coached a great game. EHS didnt get the ball inside to Pietrowski (one point) or Baughman (five points). The other post Forbes didnt score. Im not sure you can win many games when you only get six points total out of your two post positions. Every team can have an off night.

It will be interesting to see how this team responds to this uninspired performance.

They also shot 34 foul shots to EHS's 8. EHS shot poorly from the field and really did not adjust to HVs zone defense. Godsey coached a great game. EHS didnt get the ball inside to Pietrowski (one point) or Baughman (five points). The other post Forbes didnt score. Im not sure you can win many games when you only get six points total out of your two post positions. Every team can have an off night.

Everything said from the lopsided fouls to good players not playing to their ability, were said when Unaka lost at North Greene. The Unaka posts were crucified on here by Cyclones everywhere and now the same comments are being made by the Cyclone "faithful"!!!!!!!!

HOW SOON WE FORGET!!! Play a REAL schedule!

obrutone, stay on track. not about Unaka here. get over that one. hv shot more free throws because the lady cyclones played terrible defense and had to foul at the end. the cyclones shot fewer free throws because hv played a solid zone and the cyclones settled for the outside shot. the lady cyclones did more reaching and slapping at the ball than they did defending it. hv blocked out on most of the missed shots from the cyclones and got some frustrated fouls from the lady cyclones. again, hv just looked like they wanted this game more than the lady cyclones. hope they can keep that attitude with them. have been and up and down team lately. kept looking for baughman to step up and take control but she never surfaced. was something wrong with her (beside the above mentioned)? sparky can sit back and have a real big smile thanks to the lady warriors.

coachh, wondering why not much trapping or pressing (except at the end). didn't you all think they could do this to hv?

Edited by hvwarrior

obrutone, stay on track. not about Unaka here. get over that one.

I apologize for posting on a EHS loss thread. I'm sure nobody else, not from Unaka, has ever posted on a Unaka thread?

If HV were playing up to their potential, you wouldn't mind someone else posting on your"GLORIOUS VICTORY" thread. Besides, I have coached most of the girls on the basketball team (in softball), so I'm HAPPY for them!!!

Osubrutus, sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Relax, enjoy your day off. Start some threads about the Lady Rangers. Did you see the game last night? (HV that is). If so, opinons? If not, then make some up. Ask coachh what happened to Baughman. How good do you think the Lady Warriors could be? Think positive thoughts!!!!