Oliver Springs at Anderson County

arnwine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mav

If you check Oliver Springs record, the game counts. The Hall of Fame Games can either be counted or subtracted. A team like Oak Ridge who loss to Heritage has the class to count the game. It depends on the program.

Then I guess you need to list Seymour's loss to McMinn Central at the start of the season. A loss that Seymour doesn't recgonize, but McMinn Central does.

You know, the Same McMinn Central Team that Loss to Livingston Academy in the Greenville Christmas Classic.

Additionally, Sevier County was blown out at home by a good Heritage by 20 points the next game after Seymour, so currently SC is nowhere in the top 25 teams in the country and merely a top 5- 10 AAA team at this point in the season with two double digit losses.

Anything else?

OK brightboy,

If Sevier County is down, why did they BLOWOUT Livingston Academy? Your logic has huge holes in it. The start of the garbage on this thread was the OS people taking offense to someone posting that Right now, leading into the playoffs that Seymour has separated themselves from the rest of AA in this area. You try to refute this by what happened in Hall of Fame games that either do or don't count. It has nothing to do with class, as to whether you count them or not, it has always been that the team that wins them usually does and the team that loses usually doesn't. It's so long ago, who cares. More importantly would be the later meeting in which LA beat you, so again this doesn't help you in your comparison to Seymour. The only thing I agree with from your post is that Heritage is good, but to go from there to Sev. Co. is down, again shows gaps in your logic.

Not to take anythng away from Seymour - Lord knows I love those girls to death - but... a friend of mine was at the game and said that some of the vital Sevier County players were sick and even throwing up in the trash can at the end of the bench during the game. Having said that... the win for Seymour was big. The fact that Heritage also beat Sevier County that week is not suprising because Heritage is also very good and Sevier County is still probabaly still a little under the weather. Nothing has been decided about anything during the last week of basketball other than teams have played games and somebody always wins and somebody always loses. Seymour plays Sevier County and Heritage later during the year. They will have yet another chance at both of them again and the team that plays better that night will win. With a little luck, Oliver Springs will play Seymour again later during the region tournament and the better team on that night will win that game also. With yet a little more luck, there is a chance that both Seymour and Oliver Springs will be in the state tournament and the same game will be played again. I hope Sevier Co and Heritage also have the same opprotunities as Seymour and Heritage. I do not know of many other teams that deserve it more than the ones mentioned above.

Edited by coachchannell

Don't sell yourself short Tank, we watch! :lol:

Whew, that's good. I just wish people would get as excited about basketball as they do football. And I am really worried about baseball/softball season. We have such fun teams to support, but will fans get behind them enough?

And a question, while on the subject. Would it be worth our time, to broadcast the tournaments? Of course, not live, but on tape the day after? The HSC crew would do the broadcasts and play them a few times on channel 12, but not being live, I am not sure people would be as interested. We are also planning on putting together a softball/baseball package as well, with the same format.

I don't want to do things that would not be interesting, because the good Lord knows I don't have much time as it is. But, I would love to put it together, market it and put it on TV if there is an interest in Anderson and Roane Counties.

Whew, that's good. I just wish people would get as excited about basketball as they do football. And I am really worried about baseball/softball season. We have such fun teams to support, but will fans get behind them enough?

And a question, while on the subject. Would it be worth our time, to broadcast the tournaments? Of course, not live, but on tape the day after? The HSC crew would do the broadcasts and play them a few times on channel 12, but not being live, I am not sure people would be as interested. We are also planning on putting together a softball/baseball package as well, with the same format.

I don't want to do things that would not be interesting, because the good Lord knows I don't have much time as it is. But, I would love to put it together, market it and put it on TV if there is an interest in Anderson and Roane Counties.

I would enjoy watching the Tournaments on channel 12. At my house we watch a lot of Oak Ridge Basketball.