Anderson County Mavericks

The Mav

We're on a roll!

Great performance tonight by AC at home in a 20+ point win against Loudon. Nick Humphrey with a solid 15, and good games turned in by James Jones, Dennis Rash, Wally Lowery, and floor general Andrew Chaniott. The Mav's are getting strong play from 8 to 9 deep every night now, and evreyone but the score keeper is hitting three's ( they say it's just out of her range ). I believe AC was 10 of 18 from three point range tonight, which shows if other teams scheme too much to shut down Michael Mott from outside ( which Loudon did ) someone else, if not everyone else will make you pay.

Great game. I thought the Redskins were going to really challenge AC and they had them sweating through the first half. Great coaching by Eldridge... calling a TO with 6 seconds in the quarter and getting a big 3 at the buzzer and getting the ball back to begin the quarter to score again... that was the real beginning of the end of the game. Good players make plays but that was just a great example good game managment by the coach!!! Well done!!!

I agree. Loudon played a very good first half. I know Coach E's fear was that Loudon would come out and hit a few threes early, and that's exactly what they did. I think they hit on 3 or 4 from the corner early with maybe only one miss. The turning point was the set play for an open 3 by Rash with 6.7 sec's left in the quarter. We seem to get a good shot after most timeouts, especially at the end of quarters, and that is just another aspect where our coaching staff excels.