Mcminn Central loses to Loudon

chargerettefan

McMinn Central losses to Loudon tonight 54-49.

McMinn Central 33 fouls 4 starters fouled out two in the third quarter

Loudon 4 fouls

Generally I don't complain about ref's, a good team should be able to overcome bad ref's. But this was ridiculas.

Coach Morgan given a technical because Central girl stole ball and made shot.

Whats up with this?

no problem Central will be there when it counts come March.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying McMinn Central had 33 fouls and Loudon only 4 for the entire game?!? I know there are some bad refs out there...we've had our share, but I don't think I've ever heard of it being that bad before. Could there be some exaggeration? :o

I know McMinn Central has a great team...in my opinion, one of the best defensive & offensive teams in AA. But, how do you have 2 starters foul out in 3rd qtr? Your bench should have been able to step in for those starters in foul trouble.

I have to say Congrats to Loudon, because obviously they played well enough to beat a great team such as McMinn. Even with the bad calls, they still had to do something to score 54 points. By the way, who were the top scorers?

Congrats again, Lady Redskins...and a special "hello" to our girl, Lacey! :o

The refs were bad, but the girls beat themselves tonight. Their shots weren't fallin, they probably didn't even shoot 10%. In the 2nd half the foul count was 17-4, and it wasn't much better the first, but the loss was not the ref's fault, nor the subs. The Chargerettes didn't do their job tonight, they didn't play well, offensively, they were off, but they didn't make up the slack on defense either. I hope they learn something off this loss, and this should just got to prove that any team can win on any night. The Chargerettes were just all around cold tonight. But get it together girls...learn somethin from the loss, and be ready to play Friday...that's when it counts anyways.

It would take a casual fan to determine if the fouls were lopsided by referee design. A McMinn Central fan will see it one way, a Loudon fan will see it another. If Central was in foul trouble, I would think they would not have been pressing. Two starters that fouled out in the 3rd quarter must have been Armstong and Moss. The other 3 starters probably would not have been on the floor in the 3rd quarter with 4 fouls. If the outcome was by referee design, as some have implied, this has to be sensed early on and adjustments made. Like oops! We are in trouble here, the refs have taken away our usual game plan, we must go to plan B. And there has to be a Plan B for a night like last night.

The Chargerettes are an excellent team, no doubt. Their record shows that. They have some great defense. The Lady Redskins have great defense as well. But for this game I believe the Chargerettes just didnt have an answer for Katie Saddiq, who scored 29 points. She averages 19 points a game. She is a powerhouse in the paint. Lacy Orr did a great job rebounding and stepping up in this game. Brittany Everett had several steals and assists. Megan Hart, Karalea Gasper, and Sam Davis had some great defense. As for as the fouls in the game. There probably were some calls missed, but on both sides.