Chattanooga Top Ten

mtnman

I wouldn't say that b/c we (CCS) lost a few good players doesn't mean we aren't returning more than just Gabe and Drew...some of the underclassmen have stepped up in great ways...our keeper has gotten a lot better, I think all around our team will be good together as a team, not necessarily one or two star players...it will be interesting though. It's good to hear Grace has improved, you guys should do well this year. What's your schedule like?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i wasn't sayin that drew and gabe were the only good players, just that i didn't know of any others.... but our schedule will be tough. we play ooltewah and baylor midseason and we were gunna play mcCallie but our schedules were messed up. we are tryin to get a game with mcminn so that is a few tuff games. we usually play the tuff CCS team but for sum reason the coach didn't schedule us... we haven't gotten our full schedule yet but that'z all i know about (dave help me out if you know of more) how bout you guys

We (CCS) aren't playing you because we have better teams that we have the opportunity to play. Last year, we weren't able to play Baylor because we had already scheduled Grace. Your coach also waits until the last minute to make up your schedule so CCS who has more options than Grace concerning who they play is already set. Our schedule had one open spot that we just fillled with ECS from Memphis who is a much better team than Grace. That is why you weren't on our schedule.

Also, CCS is not only Gabe and Drew. We return 10 players who started at some point last year. Skill-wise Grace doesn't match up to CCS at any positon, except for keeper. Manny played with the skill level he had to keep both games last year as low scoring as he good. He explained it all to me. 10 men behind the ball in a triangle is a very smart way to play when you have to.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Baylor has done fair already during preseason. However, I think based on their performance against cleveland there should at least be some question as to whether or not they should still be considered number 1 right now. Also I heard Baylor's scrimmage against Cleveland was Bach's first game back.