Columbia vs. Giles Co.

untame

To start where the tread began, It was a good game and exciting. The stats will be in Columbia's paper tomorrow but the Tennessean might have them. Ms. Shirley I don't think we were at the same game. Yes I agree Columbia might have had a chance to win if the Coach was a little more seasoned but all in all Giles County has older, and more experienced players all around. Tyler isn't the only good player on the team. They run their plays and hit the open man. They looked well coached and disiplined. Walker and Marable made some good plays and did a good job. I thought all the boys played hard and didn't give up. Without Walker I don't know if Steve would have had all those points. Walker does need to shoot more, but several times he was open and the others don't get it to him. They look like they are running their personal plays they just thought of when they got the ball. wneely, That little comment about Oak Hill and Walker, well he can play with the best and when he does he really can do a lot more than he has shown this year. Watch him play AAU or at camps. Anyway he is too smart to go there and he doesn't need any help scoring high enough on the ACT. (I am not speaking of Tyler here I don't know anything about his grades just others who are there or have gone there.) For youwishyouhada40inch oh yeah vertical Ptown has apparently failed you in education. You can't even get the number of #'s right in your profanity must less the rest of what you call a statement. Seems to me many people are proud of Tyler from Columbia. So SIT DOWN . There was a large crowd there to see him. Giles County was enjoyable to watch and maybe Columbia can give them more of a challenge in years to come.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said flyer, I am not at all bashing Columbia's talent because i know its there. Steve is a good player along with Zac and a few others. We never said that Tyler was the best player in the state, but he obviously is the best thing to come out of Giles Co. and you have to admit, Tyler is an awesome athlete. However, Tyler is not the only good player on the team, Zach is a good player for his size and he can hold his own on the court. Channing Coffey is perhaps the second best player on the team, his rebounding skills are very good, he is a very good three point shooter whenever he gets a chance to, he also can throw down a pretty sweet dunk when necessary. Shay Shannon can flat out shoot the three ball which he did last night. Justin Morris is very talented as well. This advantage of skill and experience is what gave us the edge over Columbia. It was a great game and i cant wait till next year. Once again, Columbia is a good team and they are very talented, last night they just got outplayed. I am looking forward to next years game, good luck to Columbia for the rest of the year. :angry:

I was in Columbia earlier tonight to watch "Miracle". Excellent movie for anone remotely interested in ice hockey or sports in general. The comment about the thug thing is really unnecessary. Our JV is really lighting it up, and they are gonna bring some big things to Giles County.

We sat in the same place our students sat last year, and last year received no complaints at all. I understand Columbia is having a down year, but that is no excuse not to stand up and cheer for your team. Sorry if anyone caused a disturbance, but from everything I heard it was just the rowdy Columbia fans sitting to our sides who were looking to cause trouble. I know two fans personally threatened me, and these are like 28 year old adults.

Our SRO officer came over to police the area, but seriously if you're 28 and picking a fight with a 16 or 17 year old kid -- get a life.

I think everything about this topic has been said. It was a GREAT game by Columbia, but their comeback bid came up short.

I ain't on the message boards to complain about anything, I'm just on here to rep my boys! If you wanna say something about me come to pulaski and say it! ask anybody I'm quick to fight! And if you don't think I have a 40inchvertical come on my turf and find out! I play basketball at the rec center only reason I don't play because I came too late!