Hmeil Cleared to return

landergolfer

Shane Hmiel has been cleared to return to NASCAR competition after failing a post race drug test after the Richmond Busch race. He is scheduled to run the ARCA race on Saturday in Daytona.

Scott Wimmer, Driver of thej #22 Bill Davis Dodge, will drive in the Daytona 500 while facing a drunk driving charge in NC. NASCAR will allow the judical system run its course. Court date is set for March 10 for him and his wife, who was charged with Obstruction of Justice.

I think Nascar is correct in letting Wimmer drive -- he wasn't actually involved in a Nascar sanctioned event when stopped and he is innocent until proven guilty.

My understanding is that Hmiel was tested while at the track and was found to have a little of everything in his system, marijuana, cocaine and alcohol.

I'm proud to see he has turned things aroud, he always made the Busch races exciting.

I am real glad to see Hmeil get his act right. The only reason he was tested was because of some on track accidents and a scuffle in the garage at Richmond. I am mixed on Wimmer driving. Techinally, he does not meet requirements to run since he has lost his drivers license in NC. To participate in a NASCAR sanctioned event, you must a valid drivers licenese. He is innocent until proven guilty but he don't meet requirements and also what kind of example if NASCAR setting by saying "Ok, you can't legally drive on the street but we will let you drive on the track at 200 mph." I understand it was hard to make that decison, but why make rules when you are going to break them. It is just tough to see I guess.