CPA over Goodpasture again

divepix

CPA has really put it together and beat Goodpasture 70-66 on GP's floor and ruined their basketball homecoming night.

Sikes and House led CPA again but their starting 5 are really good and all very athletic and quick. They create problems for a team that doesn't have speed.

CPA hit 7 3- pointers by 4 different players in the 1st half, than made 15 of their last 17 free throws when GP decided to foul them immediately the last 3 minutes of the game.

CPA has now won 5 in a row in a tough district (3 on the road) and the rest of their district games are at home. They only have to win 2 of 3 to win the district and guarantee a tie with one more win.

Andrew House is the most underrated 1A player in the state. He has been dominate the last few games as Sikes also is hard to stop. If they continue this level of play, they can make a run for state.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One comment: CPA shot 24 FTs. GP shot 6. Game: It reminded me of our last game against DL. Guess who we've got tonight? That's right...DL. Another one of those 5-can't-beat-8 games. I hope not, but if history is any indicator, we're already in trouble. When you've got 6-11 and 6-8 you're not blessed (from an officiating point of view, anyway), you're cursed! The officials we've had DO NOT know how to officiate at that 'level.' We don't need talent (we're MORE than blessed!), we need luck. Divepix, y'all shot lights out in the first half and got ALL the calls. Your players ARE good and your coaching is excellent. Good luck the rest of the way. We'll see you again, hopefully, real soon.

CPA shot 24 FTs. GP shot 6. Game: It reminded me of our last game against DL. Guess who we've got tonight? That's right...DL. Another one of those 5-can't-beat-8 games. I hope not, but if history is any indicator, we're already in trouble. When you've got 6-11 and 6-8 you're not blessed (from an officiating point of view, anyway), you're cursed! The officials we've had DO NOT know how to officiate at that 'level.' We don't need talent (we're MORE than blessed!), we need luck.

You've either got to be kidding or you weren't at the game! CPA shot 24 free throws because they led by about 7 points with 3 minutes left in the game.

WITH 3 MINUTES LEFT IN THE 2ND HALF,GP HAD 4 FOULS! GP coaches decided to put CPA on the line everytime they touched the ball and CPA shot 16 free throws in the last 3 minutes, making 13. Every foul in the last 3 minutes were deliberate by GP, some almost flagrant. The strategy didn't work because CPA made FT's.

Up to the point GP started fouling on purpose, CPA had only shot 8 free throws in the game. The first half neither team got in the bonus.

It was a well officiated game, but like all high school games, there were bad calls on both sides. Daniels went over the back a few times that weren't called and charged in the last minute that wasn't called. CPA also got some breaks on calls.

The officials did not cost GP the game. CPA has beat GP twice becasue they are much faster, quicker (except for #21 on GP who is really quick) and cause turnovers. Also, the CPA players are in better shape. Most of GP's players play tired as the game progresses.

I love your attitude. Be blessed with tall players, get outplayed, then use their heighth as an excuse.

CPA just outplayed Goodpaature. They shot really well. They have a good team that works well together. They won this game as well as the first for that very reason. They play with a lot of emotion and work hard. If you can shoot the three every game like you do against GHS, you could go far. I have seen every team play in this district and CPA is the best TEAM in it. Not the most talented, but the best TEAM. That is why they are in first.

Yeah, I was there and I stand by my post, not yours. Also, #21 CARRIES the ball almost, as you say, FLAGRANTLY. Of course, it was NEVER called. So YOU'VE got to be kidding me! And if our heighth is such a big deal, why aren't they winning the games for us? Two will NEVER beat five...or eight.

Chill out, man! You blamed free throws and officiating on the loss, so I just pointed out that the number of free throws shot were equal until GP decided to deliberately foul CPA every time they touched the ball in the last 3 minutes and CPA shot 16 free throws. Ask your coach and he will tell you that was his strategy (if you were there you saw it). GP's coach would have been mad if the fouls had not been called on his team. He was trying to stop the clock, and hoped CPA would miss. They rarely did.

Now that that complaint and excuse didn't fly, you are now convinced you lost because our #21 carries the ball. Keep looking - you'll find some reason to whine rather than admit you got beat.

CPA has good three point shooters who have the green light to shoot. That gives them the advantage over us. You have a solid starting five and anyone can be the leading scorer on any given night, as you have shown all year. I think you have a great team and a great bunch of guys, and wonderful fan support. I wish we could have beat you at home, but whatever happened happened. Hopefully next time, if we get our threes going. We made too many silly mistakes- sometimes you get lucky and they don't cost you, but ours were costly this time. Now, will you PLEASE take care of College Heights whenever you play them. You should beat them every time!!!

CPA has good three point shooters who have the green light to shoot. That gives them the advantage over us. You have a solid starting five and anyone can be the leading scorer on any given night, as you have shown all year. I think you have a great team and a great bunch of guys, and wonderful fan support. I wish we could have beat you at home, but whatever happened happened. Hopefully next time, if we get our threes going. We made too many silly mistakes- sometimes you get lucky and they don't cost you, but ours were costly this time. Now, will you PLEASE take care of College Heights whenever you play them. You should beat them every time!!!

College Heights losses are not an indicator of today's CPA's team. College Heights is very quick as is CPA. The first game our best ball handler, Zach Ferrell got in foul trouble and Austin Hobgood was not eligible. The 2nd loss Hobgood was sick and only played about a quarter at 1/2 speed. The 3rd game was 2 days later and Hobgood barely played again.

CPA is a much improved team the last 6 games. They are finally pressing without fouling and have a solid starting 5 with great quickness in Price, Ferrel and Hobgood.

GP is still a force to be reckoned with at tourney time. With their heighth they will always be dangerous. District tourney is on a neutral court and GP and CPA may be the finals.