Blackman vs White County

fastereddiethe2nd

Can White County handle Blackman tonight?I truly doubt it because I figure White County will probably be out-coached just like the other 20 games.The guy doesn't play his seniors in crucial times.The guys that I am talking about is Torey Hess and Daniel Johnson.Torey Hess hasn't started or even has played that much since his dad(Coach Hess) had an argument with the coach.Torey Hess had 8 points in the little amount of time he got.Daniel Johnson has not played at all.He shot two shots the other night,he it one of the two.Bruce Slatten then pulls him out because he missed a three.He is also avg. about 3-4 assists per game with the avg. of 6 min. per game.I seen Daniel Johnson playing at the YMCA and I asked him, what's going on and he could not tell me.

The reason why I'm bragging on this kid is because he even surprise me.I knew he was a great passer but when I played with him at the Y,he is now considered an awesome passer with a 30 ft. shot.I just wish that Slatten would just cut loose of Johnson and Gribble and just see how they do together.

Let me talk about Torey Hess again and I'm done.At the end of the game,you got to have some senior leadership.Hess is the only I've seen that can bring that.

White County vs Blackman

Gribble vs Price

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why I'm bragging on this kid is because he even surprise me.I knew he was a great passer but when I played with him at the Y,he is now considered an awesome passer with a 30 ft. shot.I just wish that Slatten would just cut loose of Johnson and Gribble and just see how they do together.

Ok first of all playing down at the "Y" is not even close to the same level as AAA Mens Highschool basketball, an average player is a star down at the "Y". I'm sure this young man is a good player otherwise he wouldn't be on the team, but is he better than the ones playing ahead of him? I doubt it, no coach in his right mind is going to bench one of his best players that could help him win games unless it was for disciplinary reasons. I know coach Slatten and alot of people from White Co. have given him a hard time down there, and unjustly i might add. White Co. plays in one of the toughest districts and regions for that matter in the state, and ya'll are always playing against bigger schools night in and night out. Its very hard for a school the size of White Co. to compete against some of the bigger AAA teams, and then you have all the Memphis teams which recruit but its not recruiting because they are "magnet" schools. So to me any coach in his situation has to be given time to build the program and i believe eventually he will build a winner there. :)

Maybe Coach could get "mushy shockley" to help him?? :blink:

Edited by devilfanatic

Ok first of all playing down at the "Y" is not even close to the same level as AAA Mens Highschool basketball, an average player is a star down at the "Y". I'm sure this young man is a good player otherwise he wouldn't be on the team, but is he better than the ones playing ahead of him? I doubt it, no coach in his right mind is going to bench one of his best players that could help him win games unless it was for disciplinary reasons. I know coach Slatten and alot of people from White Co. have given him a hard time down there, and unjustly i might add. White Co. plays in one of the toughest districts and regions for that matter in the state, and ya'll are always playing against bigger schools night in and night out. Its very hard for a school the size of White Co. to compete against some of the bigger AAA teams, and then you have all the Memphis teams which recruit but its not recruiting because they are "magnet" schools. So to me any coach in his situation has to be given time to build the program and i believe eventually he will build a winner there. :D

Maybe Coach could get "mushy shockley" to help him?? :justwrestle:

First of all,do you guys remember Kyle Gribble?Is there anybody in the district better than he is.Nope,not even close.Until you start coming down to Sparta's "Y" you better not be saying anything.There is so many players that has played under Coach Whited including Jordan Swindell,Craig Richmond,and Justin Sorrell that plays at the "Y" that are better than the players from the district.The Johnson kid can play he should be starting,but that's another thing.Yeah,he is better than the ones that is playing ahead of him.He has vision that nobody even recognizes because they won't let him play his game.

Johnson, on Senior Night PLEASE show the people what you can do.Don't worry about the coach.

First of all,do you guys remember Kyle Gribble?Is there anybody in the district better than he is.Nope,not even close.Until you start coming down to Sparta's "Y" you better not be saying anything.There is so many players that has played under Coach Whited including Jordan Swindell,Craig Richmond,and Justin Sorrell that plays at the "Y" that are better than the players from the district.The Johnson kid can play he should be starting,but that's another thing.Yeah,he is better than the ones that is playing ahead of him.He has vision that nobody even recognizes because they won't let him play his game.

I am well aware of who Kyle Gribble is, i grew up with his parents and we all used to ride the same bus together going up past the swimming pool and i am also aware of Sparta's "Y" so i CAN say something. Sounds to me like you are just a jealous kid who wants playing time for himself or one of your friends, however it doesn't work that way. You have to earn your playing time in the real world! This isn't a pick up game at the "Y". :D

I Sounds to me like you are just a jealous kid who wants playing time for himself or one of your friends, however it doesn't work that way.  You have to earn your playing time in the real world!  This isn't a pick up game at the "Y". :D

I know how to get playing time.I know you have to earn it.I started three years for Whited.I worked hard every single day.Some of you guys don't even have a clue.Most of you guys are parents trying to rag everybody down.Only person who I rag down is Slatten,the only person who needs to be rag.

Edited by fastereddiethe2nd

FasterEddiethe 2nd, Are you sure you started for three years when Roy Whited was head coach? There are not a whole lot of players that started for three years under Whited. Kyle Gribble only started as a junior and senior. I can name all the ones who started three years and none of them are currently playing pick up at the "Y".