Is AC is as good as eveyone says they are?

tank25

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I can jump on the band wagon now. I have already written myself a note to buy some butter on my way home... just in case there is another one of those rolls that everybody seems to like so much. As far as Sliger goes... he is awesome - free throws were not his department. That responsibility fell directly on the head coach. If he would have done a better job of preparing his kids then we would not have lost. I guess the wednesday night game will be a western with the redskins chasing the herd. Be careful don't get scalped... it hurts.

"Which team would that be?"

That would be Fulton. According to CoachT's schedules, they lost 64-68 to Bearden (at Bearden) on Jan. 17 and beat Farragut 76-60 (at Fulton) on Feb 13. And Fulton finished fourth in 3-AA.

"There aren't many AAA teams in the state that match up with Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, and the like. Much less a AA team from East Tennessee."

Apparently, Fulton does. They lost to one of your "the like" teams by four and beat another one by 16.

Also, 3-AA Alcoa beat Maryville 52-50 on Jan. 2 and lost to Maryville 51-52 on Jan. 30. Seems like they match up pretty well, to me.

Okay, let's throw Fulton or AC in a AA district. Do they do as well? My opinion is no. And between AC, Fulton, and AE, AE is the better team.

And I hope Bearden does play Clinton in the regions. They will show you guys good AAA basketball. Or at least a team that makes it to regions and state just about every year.

Okay, let's throw Fulton or AC in a AA district.  Do they do as well?  My opinion is no.  And between AC, Fulton, and AE, AE is the better team.

And I hope Bearden does play Clinton in the regions.  They will show you guys good AAA basketball.  Or at least a team that makes it to regions and state just about every year.

Sure, I don't doubt that. A AAA district is probably better top to bottom than a AA district. No. 6 in 4 AAA is likely to beat No. 6 in 4 AA most of the time. But at the top, there are AA teams, particularly in 3AA, who can compete with almost anybody.

But your original point was that no AA team, and paricularly not one from East Tennessee, could match up with a good AAA team like "Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, and the like." I just don't think that's true.

And before last night, I would have agreed that AE seemed to be the better team, but only based on what I've heard because I haven't seen AE play this year. I have seen Fulton and I knew they were pretty good (I've seen Farragut, too, BTW) and had improved from mid-season. Then, last night, Fulton beat AE in triple-overtime (at Fulton, which helped, I'm sure).

Now I'm looking forward to seeing AE, Fulton, and the rest of the best of 3AA play in Kingston. I think that not only AC but also Kingston will compete, although in the end I expect the 3AA teams to be better than the 4AA teams.

AC is not a bad team, infact they are a well disiplined team with a lot of advantages, but they are not near as good as they are said to be. Michael Mott is one of their best players, but my opinion is that he should have went on from middle school to play with Clinton. Look where Clinton is now....#1....Mott missed great opportunity there !